Author Topic: IP Telephone - UPC (dutch)  (Read 686 times)

dicenl

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
IP Telephone - UPC (dutch)
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:23 pm »
i was about to end my telephone contract because i only use my iphone. now with linuxmce i would like to try the telecom feature's. my internet provider is UPC.

If i'm gonna use IP telecom by upc i only have to plug in a ip phone on a rj45 into my modem. i dont have to provide a username / password. will i be able to use it in mce?

im quite a ip phone n00b.

Domodude

Re: IP Telephone - UPC (dutch)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:36:04 pm »
If i'm gonna use IP telecom by upc i only have to plug in a ip phone on a rj45 into my modem. i dont have to provide a username / password. will i be able to use it in mce?

Hi,

Your phones will have to be plugged into the internal network of LMCE. Since the UPC modem is on the outside, LMCE has no idea what is going on there. So even though it may work as a stand-alone solution for voice over IP, you cannot use it this way in LMCE.

UPC does not give you a username and password for a SIP account, so you'll have to find this elsewhere. You could try something (almost) free at first. Skype will NOT work.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Acecare

• First post!
    • View Profile
Re: IP Telephone - UPC (dutch)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 04:42:10 am »

I agree with you. I have already tried it in mce but it doesn't work. I am also using UPC internet provider and username or password is not required. However, it's been a long time since I tried to use mce and I called for their customer provider for help and they told me that using mce is not consistent.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:36:19 am by Acecare »
signatures are not intended for advertising