Author Topic: Need your input for research project on the Internet connected living room  (Read 2863 times)

melodyhaas

• First post!
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

I'm a student at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, and my research team and I are doing an independent research project looking at user trends in the media center space.  Specifically, we're interested in the growing number of people connecting their TVs to the Internet to watch content. 

So here's where you come in: I'd like to speak with users from a variety of home set-ups about their experience piping media to their TVs.  I'm looking for a casual 10-20 minute phone/Skype conversation where I'll ask you about your set-up (a point of pride for many of you, I'm sure) and your general media consumption habits. Doesn't that sound like fun?

PM me your contact info so we can set up a call time. Feel free to leave any questions or comments in this thread's replies.

All are welcome, and the more the merrier!

Thanks all,

Melody, Matt, and Vince

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hello Melody,

Welcome... You can also look for many of our users on IRC on freenode in #linuxmce. You can pm me. I'd be willing to answer a few questions. Thanks!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Hello Melody, welcome.

I am one of the core developers of LinuxMCE.

Should you wish, you can private message me for contact information, and I can talk to you in depth about the project.

-Thom

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
Hi Melody, this sounds like a really interesting research project, I wish you success with it.
People on this forum would be really interested in results of your research so when you finish it please share your results also with people on this forum.

Cheers!
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent