Author Topic: Issues with MythTV - Resovled  (Read 1895 times)

F1forHELP

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Issues with MythTV - Resovled
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:45:06 am »
Hi,

Had a couple of strange problem recently.  After the latest re-install I was having issues getting MythTV to work.  I have a single tuner HDHomeRun and Myth was attempting to use tuner1, not tuner0.  Removing the Core/HDHomeRun/Tuner1 device from the web admin fixed that issue.  This was probably my issue, but the Device Auto Detection script always has picked it up as a dual tuner model.  I can't be the only one who has purchased this device.

Now, when I start Myth, I get the channel, signal strength, description, all over a black screen.  About 30-45 seconds later it would switch back to the Myth Menu screen with a 'Can not initialize video device / output (sorry, this is from memory) error dialog box.  Going through all of the PVR folders (/home/public/data/pvr (and all of the sub-folders on each of the drives listed) and removing the livetv.folderlock file and I am back in business!  Trying to follow the logic back through the konsole screens, I can't find what lead me to delete the .folderlock file, but removing it fixed the issue of not being able to watch LiveTV via Myth.

Back to getting the MediaTomb component to work with my WD Live.

Joseph