Author Topic: Queue and play options in media browser  (Read 16037 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Queue and play options in media browser
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »
ok.

sorry.

-Thom

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »
Pos, Thom, J (and everyone else!)

Firstly, I also don't want a flame war. My original posting was on-topic and meant to be constructive and in no way do I want to offend anyone! I apologise that my latter comment has taken the thread on a different tack and, like I said, if that needs further discussion, then a new thread is needed.

Thom, your work here is legendary and much appreciated by everyone. No one is perfect, though, and proper discussion is both healthy and valuable.

J, whilst I sympathise to a certain extent with your viewpoint, you come across as very aggressive! Please don't use my comments in order to promote your stance in this way, or to instigate a flame war!

Pos, Is this a new direction for Forum Admin? I have seen other threads become far more off-topic and out of line  (and get way with it). I would welcome stricter moderation as long as it isn't at the expense of free-speech! If that earns me a ban, well, so be it.

Sambuca, your suggestion seems to have provoked some debate. If you have some spare dev capacity, I think the consensus is that there are more productive areas that this could be utilized ;)
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:15 pm »
Ok, it seems best to leave this as is for now. As I've already said, the "Queue instead of instant play" is fixed, so you can select the default behavior on a per orbiter basis.

My only motivation for the initial question was to improve a part where I know there have been requests in the past. I can't recall if Thom or anyone was involved in the discussion back then, but it was not my intention to challenge anyone if this has been put down before. Thom is the GUI expert so I have put myself to rest with what we have now, for the time being.

Best regards,
sambuca

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:09 pm »
I think it would be a good idea to have a "report" option on comment pages so we dont have to pm a moderator everytime someone added a stupid comment or an inappropriate comment
Err, so the link "report to moderator" doesn't work for you? :o
And also an "edit" and "delete" option tooonly for your own comments, dont know how many times i have made a mistake writing a comment and there is nothing you can do about it.
At the end of your posts is an icon that looks like a notepad and pen. It lets you edit your posts. Then there's the icon that says "Remove".....

Sorry, I don't want this to seem inappropriate (and sorry, Pos that it's waaaay off the OP's topic) but honestly, Mak, averything you suggest is already there  ::)
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »
...the "Queue instead of instant play" is fixed...

I just wanted to say thanks to Sambuca for fixing this bug.   :-* 

I hadn't been consistently using the system enough, until very recently, to realize that it was a bug and not user error. 

For what it's worth, I voted to keep it as is.  I think that I will always prefer to queue instead of play.  However, an interesting twist to that option would be to have a user-specific override.  I don't know how feasible that is, as I have not looked at the code involved.  I'm merely making an observation.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 07:28:26 am »
Yes, thanks Sambuca for fixing this.  This was a pet hate of mine since I started using the system.

And I agree with Thom, just the one play/queue button for me - Add to the queue, if the queue is empty play it!

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 01:36:52 pm »
Very appropriate thread, as I was trying to get the queue instead of play feature to work last night.  I have checked the box for all my orbiters to queue instead of play, but the functionality isn't implemented.  I have rebooted the core, regened the orbiters (all) but it still plays instantly the song I add.

Do I have to do an apt-get update for this feature to be fixed?  I'm still on snapshot 23388, and I see there are loads of newer ones now.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 02:02:45 pm »
At the very least you should apt-get upgrade after apt-get update. and do a sqlCVS update from the web admin, first on the designer repo, followed by the dce repo. After all that and a quick reload (or better a reboot, if you haven't done an upgrade recently), you should full regen the orbiter.