The repository for the currently working revision is here:http://svn.linuxmce.org/branches/LinuxMCE-0810/
Our developers Guide is here:http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Developers_Guide
Our information on Building LinuxMCE is here:http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Building_LinuxMCE_0810
Basically, the process is:
* set up builder
* run one complete pass of builder
* go into where you want to work in the svn checkout it grabs
* work on a piece of code
* use test-pkg.sh to compile and build a package of the code you're working on
* use dpkg to install it (this way, if it borks, you can install the old package to get things back)
* test things
* repeat until ready to check in
* when ready to check in, grab a clean checkout of the tree, somewhere else in your filesystem
* copy your changes into that checkout
* check them in
For now, since you're new, we'll ask you to make diffs, that we can apply to our systems and check. Once we've seen a few good commits, we'll work on getting you credentials.
I know it's a bit to process, this is a very complex piece of software, but you'll find it to be very flexible and infinitely extensible.
You can also reach us, the rest of the developers, on IRC on the irc.freenode.net (FreeNode) server, in the #linuxmce-devel channel.
Again, Welcome. There are no time tables or short term pressures. Take your time, and be patient, there is a lot to learn, and the learning curve is steep.