AgoControl > Developers

Z-wave devices control from NAS or router

<< < (2/9) > >>

LA:

--- Quote ---you might want to look into micasa verde vera
--- End quote ---
I would prefer to use existing hardware instead of buying new one (vera1 is based on asus wl500g, which quite similiar to asus rt-n16).

--- Quote ---I'm not aware of the specs for those devices but the parts of LinuxMCE responsible for Z-Wave run fine on an ARM 400mhz cpu with 64mb of ram.
look here: http://svn.linuxmce.org/svn/people/hari/mini/
--- End quote ---
Thanks, Hari.
Synology DS210j has 800MHz Marvell Kirkwood mv6281 ARM Processor, 128MB of RAM;
Asus RT-N16 has 480Mhz BCM4718, 128MB DDR2 RAM.

Is there any documentation about mini part of LinuxMCE? How should I install and use it? Just copy all files from the Installer folder to the device and run mini-install.sh? Will it install some web-server, where I will be able to control my devices?

upd. found some instruction here. But looks like now I don't need to compile it, since installer is available... Anyway, would appreciate if somebody provides me with more detailed guide.

btw, will it work with this USB device - Leviton ControlThink CTZUS-1EU?

--- Quote ---another option would be to use OpenZwave
--- End quote ---
are you talking about this openZwave? It looks like tool for the developers. Don't see any binary files there...

LA:
I've found a document, which describes how applications should be compiled for my Synology DS210j.

In accordance with this document I should configure software:

--- Code: ---# env CC=/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc \
LD=/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld \
RANLIB=/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ranlib \
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib" \
./configure \
--host=armle-unknown-linux \
--target=armle-unknown-linux \
--build=i686-pc-linux \
--prefix=/usr/local

--- End code ---
I input this into terminal and getting error that ./configure: No such file or directory. I tried to run it from the folder /usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi. I've also installed autoconf package.

Can somebody please help me with this? Never was compiling C (?) applications before.

PS. Tool chain is at /usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/ and sources are at /usr/tmp/harimini/.

hari:
Hi LA,

there is no autoconf/configure script. Use the Makefile in the src/ directory. When you look at it you'll see some definitions on top that I've used with the openembedded cross compiler. Make sure that your toolchain includes headers/libs for mysql, libattr and libxml2.

br Hari

hari:
btw, the controlthink stick is not supported. Regarding "Will it install some web-server, where I will be able to control my devices?": yes, it comes with a RPC plugin. You can query status and send commands via http.

br Hari

LA:
Thanks, Hari!
But if I compile it with usage of existing makefile, then it will be compiled for another ARM processor, willn't it?
Probably I should try to use already compiled version first? But where can I take it? (installer folder has something...).

And, which url should I access to send commands thru http?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version