Author Topic: information/forums - what plutohome needs to do  (Read 3288 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
information/forums - what plutohome needs to do
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:10:36 am »
information - what plutohome needs to do

1)   A notification to all members when a new release is out.  ie. an announce forum with a sticky note that all members of the forum are members of so they get the announcement or something similar.

2)   A media director forum.  Just specific to media directors a.k.a. thin clients with multi-video and ausio outputs.

On a side note, what actually is the difference between the orbiter and the orbiter mobile ?

Surely they are one and the same.   Orbiters  a.k.a. remote controls are mobile by definition.

3)   What is plutovip - you have both users and dev and no/zero posts

4)   Media director - yes, that again.  Making a server/core isn't a problem.  Making a quiet/fanless media director, that does PXE boot, has RF, composite, s, component, DVI, HDMI) and will also have IR and serial for control and can stream a 1080i movie and also a second image in a PIP is the issue.  At the moment, the plutohome system is custom building a system for thin-client booting for every  'media director'  that is added.  Obviously, because the motherboards (and their chipsets) are different, so often, is the ethernet card, graphics card, sound card.
Perhaps pultohome, the company, should focus on fixing the  'media director'  issue by testing and specifying the motherboards that have everything built-in that covers  RF, composite, s, component, DVI, HDMI) and will also have IR and serial.  Or something close to it.

Asus M2NPV-VM  seems a likely candidate, but overpowered.  Outputing the graphics in multi-format at up to 1080i seems to be the issue.

Please create a 'media director'  forum and provide your experiences and hopefully, we can evaluate the options, provide feedback and then copy to the wiki.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: information/forums - what plutohome needs to do
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 11:00:18 am »
Quote from: "marrandy"
information - what plutohome needs to do

1)   A notification to all members when a new release is out.  ie. an announce forum with a sticky note that all members of the forum are members of so they get the announcement or something similar.

Um I think they have that on their home page

2)   A media director forum.  Just specific to media directors a.k.a. thin clients with multi-video and ausio outputs.

On a side note, what actually is the difference between the orbiter and the orbiter mobile ?

Surely they are one and the same.   Orbiters  a.k.a. remote controls are mobile by definition.

Seems like you my have done some reading and finally figured this out, seeing your post in Orbiter Mobile.

3)   What is plutovip - you have both users and dev and no/zero posts
Again with the reading thing -> http://plutohome.com/download/docs/PlutoVIP%20-%202.0.0.0.pdf

4)   Media director - yes, that again.  Making a server/core isn't a problem.  Making a quiet/fanless media director, that does PXE boot, has RF, composite, s, component, DVI, HDMI) and will also have IR and serial for control and can stream a 1080i movie and also a second image in a PIP is the issue.  At the moment, the plutohome system is custom building a system for thin-client booting for every  'media director'  that is added.  Obviously, because the motherboards (and their chipsets) are different, so often, is the ethernet card, graphics card, sound card.
Perhaps pultohome, the company, should focus on fixing the  'media director'  issue by testing and specifying the motherboards that have everything built-in that covers  RF, composite, s, component, DVI, HDMI) and will also have IR and serial.  Or something close to it.

Asus M2NPV-VM  seems a likely candidate, but overpowered.  Outputing the graphics in multi-format at up to 1080i seems to be the issue.

Please create a 'media director'  forum and provide your experiences and hopefully, we can evaluate the options, provide feedback and then copy to the wiki.

Since they are trying to produce a product that they will market (to paying customers), most likely with a platform in mind, we are lucky that they are willing to work with us! I think you need to change your tone as they owe nothing to anyone here as I see nothing but alot of people that want something for nothing and very few whom actually contribute anything back. Now if you were offering to submit a patch where you might have found a way to make it more functional/compatible/or in any way better, then maybe you would be due a little respect  :roll: I really don't think you have any say in how they want to organize their forum etc, etc.

Regards,
Corey