Author Topic: "running detection script" with TrickleStar 300ZW plugged-in.  (Read 3926 times)

podval

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Hello,

I started to experiment with the Z-Wave net and have one problem. The Z-wave net consists currently of two components:TrickleStar 300ZW-EU controller and duewi dimmer. I installed it by doing following steps:
1. Defined a Z-wave net using MAC widget.
2. Plugged in the TrickleStar 300ZW into LinuxMCE 810 machine.
3. Added Z-wave interface in webadmin.
4. added a new device in lights in webadmin.
5. did a quick reload.
On this point i was able to controll the dimmer from linuxmce machine. It seemed to be working fine.

The problem is that after approximately one minute message saying "running detection script" displayed. It ran some detection scripts such as 20_DENON... 20_OLEVIAtv... and so on and after that the I wasn't able to control the dimmer from the linuxmce machine.

So now the each time after i do a quick reload a have about one minute in which i have control over my z-wave device, then linumce runs "running detection script" and after that i can not control the z-wave device.

The question is how can I debug this problem, i.e. can i look in some log files and find out what causes to lmce to run the detection scripts each time?

Thanks a lot for the help.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: "running detection script" with TrickleStar 300ZW plugged-in.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:16:36 pm »
the detection script should not run when the serial port (/dev/ttyUSBx) is properly assigned to the ZWave DCE device. It is only spawned for unassigned ports. Did you mess with links or something like that?

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

podval

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »
Hari,

I did not knowingly created any links to the /dev/ttyUSB0. Just checked the /dev directory and there is only one USB device (/dev/ttyUSB0) without any links to it...
I checked again the webadmin/interfaces and /dev/ttyUSB0 seems to be properly assigned to the "lighting interface". Should I mark it assigned to z-wave controller in some additional place besides the "interface" section of the webadmin?

Is there any log file that I can look into and see what device triggers the lmce to run detection scripts?

Thanks a lot for your help.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:22:41 pm »
we need to discuss this with tschak

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 03:31:31 am »
Same thing happens to me. I just bought the Tricklestar 300ZW today, and I can't get it to work either.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:02 pm »
Same thing happens to me. I just bought the Tricklestar 300ZW today, and I can't get it to work either.

Ditto- as of September 4, 2010.  Will try to manually add the device.