I've been fooling with LMCE for over a year, I started with 8.10 Alpha and now I'm running the beta. Up until the 6/1 update I had been running the 3/23 update with absolutly no problems, my system would run for months without a issue. The biggest mistake I made was updating my system with the 6/1 update without a backup, I learned my lesson because it killed things big time. I had thought LMCE was getting close to a release canidate back in March or April yet I keep seeing more additions and changes. One of the changes that just baffles me and has been a big problem for me is the 'Baking in' of Myth .23, Myth was running great now its my biggest nightmare. I have a PVR150 and 2 WinTv PVR USB's and the only one that works and doesn't work well is the PVR150. With the removal of being able to get into the Myth config I can no longer even attempt at getting things right. I had to manualy add the WinTv PVR USB 2's, they didn't auto detect and Myth won't use them even when I tell it to use one of them it just won't record. I use Mythweb a great deal to manage and keep track of things, now when I click on backend status all I get is a blank screen with nothing on it except for the Mythtv header and the other links. There is no encoder information, no drive information, nothing at all. I've reinstalled several times using the 6/7 image when it was the current image. I'm about at the end of my rope with it, I'd love to get back to the old version I had which ran like a top. The recordings I am getting out of the PVR150 have colored blocks on the bottom 2" of the picture, this just started with the 6/7 update I'm running. Before picture clarity from all 3 of my tuners was great. Not sure if it will work but I've attached a jpg of what the recording looks like now.
I understand this is a Beta but I sure would have thought maybe things that worked wouldn't get messed with in the process of developing the finished product.