Author Topic: Issues with watching Video on .41  (Read 6616 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Issues with watching Video on .41
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:10:58 am »
Hi,

I keep getting messages saying "Done with new device" interupting my MD screens.  If I'm trying to watch a movie, it means that the screen blanks for up to two seconds - not really acceptable IMHO... :o(

I have not added any new devices to any of my MDs or my core since I built them from the original image.

I get these error messages regardless of what I am doing on the MD, be it ripping a CD, watching a film or not doing anything at all.

Can anyone help?

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
I can confirm same behaviour and agree that it's not desirable ti interrupt video or audio media...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:19:52 pm »
I have also experienced similar interruptions with .41 although I managed to reduce the number of problems by turning off bluetooth and wlan devices in the house when watching movies  :wink:

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 07:55:42 pm »
NOS:

And there-in lies the problem.  I have no wireless devices connected (Apart from the Access Point), I have no bluetooth dongles connected, and the message relates to an internal HDD.

My core has two HDDs, one of which is the main HDD for the core, the other is mounted on /home via /etc/fstab as the main HDD for media.

if pluto knows about the HDD, why does it keep dicovering it?

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:30:56 am »
Hi all

same issue, but with a little difference: I actually have 2 SATA disk but at the moment only one is used and when initially asked I told Pluto not to use the second one and not to ask me anymore about it.

Nevertheless I keep getting messages about a new HDD device, much less frequently than once every 2 seconds but still annoying ..

HTH
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »
>> it means that the screen blanks for up to two seconds

Just to confirm...  Are we talking about blanking the video and going to another screen?  Or about the blue box in the upper left corner that appears ontop of the video?

We'll have to work on a more subtle alert system.  You probably don't want all alerts turned off, because then if you're watching video and a phone call comes in you might want subtle little icon in the corner of the screen.  Same maybe for alarms and stuff.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 03:11:55 pm »
On the orbiters that are not playing the video, I get the blue box in the top-left corner.

On the orbiters that are playing video or browsing the web, the screen goes black.  No blue box, nothing, just a black screen.

The web browser then looses focus as well which is most annoying!

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 09:20:35 am »
this was fixed with new .42 release

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 09:40:29 am »
Should my system automatically upgrade to .42 on a rebooot, or will I need to re-install?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 09:45:40 am »
when your system will detect new version of pluto, it will update the packages version and then it will popup a message: do you want to upgrade?
you can also re-install the system with the option to preserve media files and settings

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:58 am »
or just manually run /usr/pluto/bin/DownloadUpdates.sh