Author Topic: Mythtv loses window focus  (Read 4789 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Mythtv loses window focus
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:16:11 am »
When I select watch tv on either my hybrid or one of the media directors mythtv loses window focus so I need to press the mouse button before I can control the application.

The problem also occurs in various places within the mythtv menu system when navigating.

Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour or is it something to do with my setup, will wait for some responses before deciding if I should raise a formal bug report.

Thanks

NOS.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:47:10 am »
Hi,

I cannot confirm this behavour cause I don't use mythtv much as frontend (I just didn't find it stable enough and I also don't like to see two completely different GUIS (Orbiter and mythtv)), but more as a recording backend (I make symlink to mythtv recordings and watch it with Xine player). Not a nice solution, but it works...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:09:13 am »
Hi NOS

I confirm the same behaviour with Mythtv

I spot this issue only on hybrid, because I couldn't get Mythtv properly configured on MD, and also on hybrid it works only once a while ...

Regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:02:33 am »
Thanks guys

I lose foucus everytime I invoke mythtv however .42 was released today and includes a mythtv upgrade so will check the new version before raising a bug report

Cheers

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:38:24 am »
we have a similar issue when using dvd menu and UI2. maybe are related.
the dvd menu is flashing once.
this happens on mythtv also, but sometimes in basic UI it loses focus.
try see if any improvements with .42 then submit a report in mantis, maybe you can attach some logs too.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 04:42:15 pm »
I confirm this problem with mythtv on both hybrid and mediadirectors.  It was not present on 2.0.0.40.  Was introduced on 2.0.0.41.  Upgrades today to 2.0.0.42 have further broken my system to the extent that I am now downloading the latest CDs to do a fresh install of everything.

I have not used the new UI so don't think it is directly related to that.

Hybrid has a Matrox G550 in Dell Precision 470. One MD has Intel 910 (on motherboard of Dell Optiplex SX280).  Another MD has an ATI something in a Hi-Grade Windows Media Centre.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 10:10:43 pm »
I can confirm that the problem still exists in .42 and can also confirm that bug first appeared in .41 release as stated by drgeoff

Will raise a formal bug report in mantis

Thanks to all to confirmed the problem

NOS.