Author Topic: will this work (sorry newbie)  (Read 10215 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
will this work (sorry newbie)
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:39:37 am »
I have downloaded the kick startcd and tried for about two weeks trying to get this thing installed. The installation says that it is complete, but when i try and boot it justs keeps rebooting. I also have the problem that others have mentioned in this forum about the network failing. I have tried all of the options and nothing works. I want to use this machine strictly as a test box. It has 2nics both dlink 550+ is this the problem? I have tried turning my routers' DHCP (wrt54g) off and still nothing. Are these nics supported, or am i just a moron and am doing something wrong (rhetorical) Thx.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:57:35 am »
our latest release 2.0.0.40 is installing even without internet (offline), you only need the 2nd cd. you'll need also permissions for firewall/router is pluto isn't your router.
but i guess your issue is related to hardware.
when you said it's rebooting, does pluto starts to load modules, or it's rebooting immediatly after bios?
if you get the nics after hardware detection, when doing networks setup then the nics are supported in linux.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
reboots after choice of what to load
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 04:30:04 pm »
I get it to the boot menu where it says whether or not to boot the recovery kernel or the actual kernel. the screen that says it will automatically boot if i do not choose. then it says it is booting, but it just restarts and brings up the same menu again and again. I have tried it without network support as well and i get the same thing.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 02:36:38 pm »
Try 2.0.0.41 (the latest release) it's solved a lot of the problems I was experiencing...

xMarks