1. The onscreen keyboard will go away soon, for now.
2. Please work with Mandingo to add support for your tuner card so that you do not have to use MythTV Setup to add them.
3. Do you happen to remember what the symlink was called, and what it pointed to? You have to be VERY careful, as updatemedia needs symlinks to properly traverse the media in a share. What disk was the symlink on? (Did you accidentally try to add your boot drive as a pluto disk?)
4. was KDE desktop running at this point? This can be a problem. If you go into KDE Desktop and disable the screen saver, this should not happen. and this problem should only exhibit itself if the KDE desktop was explicitly launched. (I want to get rid of the Desktop completely.)
5. server load on our end, perhaps?
6. Again, please work with Mandingo to support your card. We want to make it so you never have to go into MythTV Setup.
Some observations re the snapshot from the 1st June 2010.
Not sure if they are known issues or not....
1. Onscreen Keyboard obscures the MythTV Backend setup buttons via Computing
2. Mythtv Backend Setup via Computing will not allow me to add and TV Tuners.
Cards are visible (in the add tuner section) but after clicking Finish – no changes are made (they are not listed in the available tuners section). Maybe a permissions issue?
To fix this I had to go into KDE and run the mythtv backend setup. Once added here they seem to hold and are visible via computing.
3. I have 3 addition HDDs in the hybrid. On one of these it seemed to add a recursive link back to another drive. This caused the media scanning scripts to fail and also left countless duplicate entries for some files. Fix was to simply to run the command: unlink on the symbolic link.
4. (minor) The screen goes into standby (turns blank) when watching MythTV without any peripheral input (comes back on with the touch of the gyro).
5. (minor) General plugin & Mythtv download failed during initial Wizard. After a bit of time these seem to correct themselves (re-installed).
6. (minor) When in KDE Mythtv Backend Setup (because of issue 2) the Hdhome run seems fine, however the other tuner I tried to added (DVICO dual digital 4) I got an error “could not get card info for card '/dev/dvb/adapter0/....' Unknown Error.
In spite of this I was still able to add them. When returning to the mythtv backend setup via computing they appear correctly (and they work).
Other than the above, it seems pretty stable so far. Zwave lights, Rs232 denon amp working well. Other media is fine. Now to install mame ;-)