Thanks for you comments. See below:
2. Please work with Mandingo to add support for your tuner card so that you do not have to use MythTV Setup to add them.
- The cards are supported (HDhomerun + a DVICO Dual Digital 2 - details added to the sticky in the past). The cards showed up correctly in Mythtv backend setup via computing.. I just couldn't get any changes I made there to stick (as opposed to when in KDE desktop)?
3. Do you happen to remember what the symlink was called, and what it pointed to? You have to be VERY careful, as updatemedia needs symlinks to properly traverse the media in a share. What disk was the symlink on? (Did you accidentally try to add your boot drive as a pluto disk?)
Yeah - it was called drive3 (I rename all my drives in the web admin so it isn't a serial number).
It was within the /home/public/data/video/drive4/ pointing to /home/public/data/video/drive3/. Kinda odd. From within that drive I just did unlink drive3. Everything seems fine now.
4. was KDE desktop running at this point? This can be a problem. If you go into KDE Desktop and disable the screen saver, this should not happen. and this problem should only exhibit itself if the KDE desktop was explicitly launched. (I want to get rid of the Desktop completely.)
- Yep it was (had to go into KDE to fix MythTV cards). I am retesting now after a reboot. Will see if this fixes it.
5. server load on our end, perhaps?
- Not sure - as above, seems others might have been getting this also. A bit of patience and it was ok though
6. Again, please work with Mandingo to support your card. We want to make it so you never have to go into MythTV Setup.
- I'll hit mandingo up on IRC at some point, but as above I think the cards are already supported.