Author Topic: How do you feel about  (Read 13178 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: How do you feel about
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 06:35:30 pm »
quickly looking over jamu...it looks promising but I would need to investigate how updateMedia deals with changing names of files and whatnot. do we want to rename people's files?

I'm not sure I follow.  You are talking about the name within metadata right, not actually changing the actual filename on disk, right?  I would think you would want to set the name the first time the id3 files is created, but probably not after that. 

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »
I think the auto-tagging feature that I wrote a while back might fit into this discussion.  It's a framework that allows you to attach rules to a directory level.  A simple example would be tagging all media under your "movies" folder as a movie, and all that contained "720p" in the filename as 720P HD.  The matching rules support regular expressions, and custom rule types can be added by adding a class that implements the rule interface.  (I mention that because it is one way golgoj4's more sophisticated rules mentioned in the OP could be added, and only applied to a certain level of your hierarchy if desired - e.g., under 'tv shows')

There are a couple screenshots of the webadmin interface here: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7116.msg50212#msg50212.  The patch is in trac, but was created against an early version of 0810 alpha, so it might require some tweaking to apply at this point.  I just thought I'd bring it up in case it applied to what you guys were thinking about here. 

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 02:21:59 am »
Maybe there is a way to have some kind of configuration string which allows the user to set their naming scheme?

Like:

<show>/<season>/<episodeNumber>.<episodeTitle>_<part>

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:17:08 am »
I think the auto-tagging feature that I wrote a while back might fit into this discussion.  It's a framework that allows you to attach rules to a directory level.  A simple example would be tagging all media under your "movies" folder as a movie, and all that contained "720p" in the filename as 720P HD.  The matching rules support regular expressions, and custom rule types can be added by adding a class that implements the rule interface.  (I mention that because it is one way golgoj4's more sophisticated rules mentioned in the OP could be added, and only applied to a certain level of your hierarchy if desired - e.g., under 'tv shows')

There are a couple screenshots of the webadmin interface here: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7116.msg50212#msg50212.  The patch is in trac, but was created against an early version of 0810 alpha, so it might require some tweaking to apply at this point.  I just thought I'd bring it up in case it applied to what you guys were thinking about here. 

very cool!

i do remember reading about this and will have to take a look at it. Right now im kinda forced to do everything offline away from my core until the end of the month, but ill take the time to dl, investigate and post back some feedback or maybe even working code :) Tschak had a very good point in that because of the architecture of linuxMCE, we can always count on a neat file structure to help a user organize media. All I can come up with is some sort of drag and drop methodology so that people can add a base classification (tv shows, movies, etc) quickly and let the autotagger do the rest.

*not thread related*
Also, so like i apparently suck and have no been able to determine where the orbiter gets the array to decide the sort options. I have been reading the orbiter code and going through as many database entries as possible, but so far to no avail. So, if anyone has some time, feel free to take some time and look as well. Or if you already know  ;D Why am i so concerned? Well because i would like to add a 'program' sort option which would work like

Program
      -Datagrid of programs - Select one and you get:
      -Datagrid of seasons - select one and you get :
      -Datagrid of episodes in that season

Also have added a 'character' attribute in my own db. Why? because it annoys me that this data goes by and its not used. May not even be usefull to most. But maybe i want to easily choose which james bond i want to see. Or how much crossover there was between 'homicide: life on the streets' and 'law and order'.

Granted this is all stuff that im looking to do, so im not looking for anyone to code, but tips on where to dig are always appreciated as well as genuine efforts to collaborate on this stuff.

Let me know what ya think!
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 05:07:52 pm »
Also, so like i apparently suck and have no been able to determine where the orbiter gets the array to decide the sort options. I have been reading the orbiter code and going through as many database entries as possible, but so far to no avail. So, if anyone has some time, feel free to take some time and look as well. Or if you already know  ;D Why am i so concerned? Well because i would like to add a 'program' sort option which would work like

Program

Have you tried looking at the commands that go through DCERouter when you change sorting?  That might point you in the right direction.

Also have added a 'character' attribute in my own db. Why? because it annoys me that this data goes by and its not used. May not even be usefull to most. But maybe i want to easily choose which james bond i want to see. Or how much crossover there was between 'homicide: life on the streets' and 'law and order'.

This is a neat idea.  You should consider expanding it and talk to the devs about integrating it so that everyone can use it.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 05:42:05 pm »

Program

Have you tried looking at the commands that go through DCERouter when you change sorting?  That might point you in the right direction.

This is a neat idea.  You should consider expanding it and talk to the devs about integrating it so that everyone can use it.

What ive learned so far about the whole datagrid thing:
In HADesigner, it only references the text as 'sortArray' or something like that. So i scoured the db as well as the actual orbiter code, but I have yet to find the array. Currently, I can send a properly formatted message to request the datagrid for programs (from webadmin) and by tailing the log, i can see its being prepared. However when I use the command to attempt to get it on screen (i want to say 'request datagrid contents'), it crashes my orbiter. So im basically on the hunt for the bit of code that sets this array as well the some logic for handling the screens as they are clicked through.

As far as the character bit, i've mentioned it to the dev's but I dont really want to push for it to be added until I come up with something useful. Just sort of experimenting right now.

Oh and as for the configuration strings: Anyone have any ideas on a sexy way to do this on-screen? Or do you think that on-screen management of that level is bad? Im imagining icons people click to set the order or something like that to make it seem as non-techie as possible.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:44:30 pm »
you might want to look at Media_Plugin_Grids.* in src/Media_PlugIn
and ScreenHandler.cpp in src/Orbiter

-Thom

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 09:14:04 am »
you might want to look at Media_Plugin_Grids.* in src/Media_PlugIn
and ScreenHandler.cpp in src/Orbiter

-Thom

indeed! Found what im looking for it seems. now time to make a backup of my system for when i almost certainly crash it :) Its nice to go from not being able to read anything inside /src to being able to read half. hehe.

-golgoj4

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 09:20:35 am »
Its nice to go from not being able to read anything inside /src to being able to read half. hehe.

Reading has never been my problem. After a few years, I am finally able to understand 1/10th of it ;)