Author Topic: TV Tuner Card DTV2000 DS  (Read 5617 times)

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
TV Tuner Card DTV2000 DS
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:47 am »
Hi,

I have purchased a new tv tuner card Leadtek DTV2000DS to install in my media center it uses the af9015 drivers which are available for linux has anyone got a guide on how to install these on Linuxmce as I am not having much luck with this.

Thanks

Jamie.

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: TV Tuner Card DTV2000 DS
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:07:36 am »
Update on the DTV2000DS

I have successfully installed this card and had it working in Mythtv using the following guide after completing linuxmce install and rebooting the system.

http://ubuntu-stash.blogspot.com/2008/11/geniatech-t328b-dvb-t-usb-freeview.html

I am however having issues searching for all channels in my area only 3 channels are found, is there a way to adjust the settings in Myth to help with this.

Thanks

Jamie.

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:24:22 am »
Ok after a lot of trying to get this card working satisfactory I have decided it is not worth the time, the card installs and is recognised however there is a problem with it getting a channel lock.

I would look at other options for now until this can be addressed, I assume the drivers are causing the issue.

gava

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 09:01:23 am »
Hi, I've got two of these cards running within my Mythtv (mythdora 12.23) build at the moment, its been running fine for months now. (apart from if it warm reboots, one tuner of each card drops off so I have to do a hard power off and power on to get it back but thats no problem for a dedicated backend)

I also had the issue your talking about, What I had to do was use the dvbscan application and dump a list of channels to channels.conf. Then in mythtv instead of doing a scan just point to the channels.conf and it'll find your channels. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Dvbscan

Having said all that I have not tried this one LinuxMce as of yet Im current in the process of building a 0810 build 23388 with the same card. I will try and repeat what I did on Fedora and see if the cards work.

cheers
gav

gava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 10:12:33 pm »
I've finished testing with my DTV2000 DS and got it working using the scan program copy output to a channels.conf and then import into mythtv. Had some issues with importing but I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup with sudo. its been happly working since I tuned from the channels.conf.

cheers
gav

optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:30:27 am »
you all have great knowledge thanks for being there to resolve our problems..