Author Topic: Re: Clutter Exercise: Media List - [X] DONE  (Read 28198 times)

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • Linux and LinuxMCE witchdoctor
    • View Profile
Re: Clutter Exercise: Media List
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:26 pm »
Yes.

Every time I make headway my life folds in around me. Will have a working model before forever or never. Need a job.
* uplink wonders why that sounds familiar :)

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 10:53:07 am »
Thom,

I want to learn..... what would be the best way for a newbie? Qt or clutter?
Which one would u prefer we do it with?

Karel

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 02:02:55 pm »
doesn't matter.

-Thom

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 03:07:52 pm »
Tom ,

i go try to learn this.

Carlos

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 03:12:10 pm »
The whole point of this, is to try and make some toys that we can play with.

I suggested Clutter due to its feature set, the fact that it is exceptionally fast, and can run on embedded and on-screen devices, and that it's flexible without being over-bearing. There is also the Mx toolkit which builds atop Clutter to create UI elements.

But in the end, it doesn't matter what toolkit is used, because the whole point here is to get a "clay model" that we can use with our bare hands.

-Thom

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 10:43:18 am »
should have something interesting as soon as i get scrolling implemented in a semi-interesting fashion. well that and cleanly laying out data grids :) Spent a few days trying to digest gui programming so far i have this...which a badly rendered grid. prototype 1st, refine later.

-golgoj4

left 2 things out.

1. On the qt-web browser, has resolved and integrated most stuff(i think?) but im getting tripped up by one include. Says its a reference to an undefined function but i can find the function in the include thats in that file. confusing.

2. anyone that wants to take a look and hack on what im doing as far as the experimental datagrid stuff http://gitorious.org/demo-file-grid-idea

good day!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:06:44 am by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 04:32:20 pm »
should have something interesting as soon as i get scrolling implemented in a semi-interesting fashion. well that and cleanly laying out data grids :) Spent a few days trying to digest gui programming so far i have this...which a badly rendered grid. prototype 1st, refine later.

http://flic.kr/p/8VRx65

-golgoj4

Looks alright so far. I like how I can move the image in the background with the scrollbar :D

left 2 things out.

1. On the qt-web browser, has resolved and integrated most stuff(i think?) but im getting tripped up by one include. Says its a reference to an undefined function but i can find the function in the include thats in that file. confusing.

I was looking around your code for a qt-web browser, and couldn't find it, to see what you were doing wrong. It's not there, but after thinking a bit it struck me what your problem might be. By your description your error is at link time, not at compile time.

I don't know what the proper way to do it in QtCreator is. In QDevelop I can tick a few boxes to add the needed libs for the link. Anyway, lacking those tickboxes, I think you achieve the same effect doing this:

In file demo_orbiter.pro, at line 7 change this:

Code: [Select]
QT       += core guito this:
Code: [Select]
QT       += core gui webkit
and run qmake to update your Makefile. This should get rid of your link error for qt-web, if I understand correctly and you use the QtWebkit stuff.

2. anyone that wants to take a look and hack on what im doing as far as the experimental datagrid stuff http://gitorious.org/demo-file-grid-idea

good day!

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 08:11:04 pm »
Sorry forgot to list the link to it :) http://gitorious.org/linuxmce-webkitbrowser. Im specifically having a problem with a link against a function in a dcecommon. Me being the rocket scientist i am, I overwrote my my directory earlier trying to generate what I thought would be an updated DCEcommon lib to link against which would have the function. Long story short, i need to rebuild from from git(where i backed up my progress thank goodness) and then see exactly where the error was.

-Golgoj4.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »
I assume I'll have to go to my LinuxMCE development box, which is in fact Thom's development and girl amazement box :P, 'cause I get "Gen_Devices/QtWebBrowserBase.h: No such file or directory". That is if the Device Template is in the latest database. If it's just on your system, then I can't do much to help you, unless you give me direct access to your system to see what's going on.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 01:27:07 am »
...knocking the dust off here...
I've played a bit with QML on this.
This is a start - for me - taking a bit of this and that from QML seeing how it operates. It is in no way a consistent UI, and more than likely breaks most paradigms.
I've attached a deb for maemo as I've been testing this on windows and my N900.
What it does - not a lot but
 - scrolling side menu akin to groupings on current orbiter
 - touch lights - menu fades out(sample transition) touch anywhere to get menu back
 - touch webadmin - quess what web page appears (assuming 192.168.80.1 for core)(no scrolling panning yet, but available)
 - a lot of the menu items do nothing but clicking on each unloads the current component at least if not loading its own component, at the moment.
 - touch music a CD case appears - tap it, it flips and flick-able track-listing appears - tracks are selectable
 - touch video - grid of sample videos appear, again flick-able, zooming to fill area currently broken - well it zooms in but zooming out doesn't, so I've it disabled
 - touch arrow at top of screen - quick access area appears - can put status here, at the moment has quit button.

suggestions criticisms please form an orderly queue
now where did I leave my flame retardant suit....

-Coley.

attached deb updated - shouldn't depend on qtmobility.
update 2: deb updated, more sensible name, scroll menu working.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:52:03 am by coley »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 05:03:22 am »
awesome. I will have to set up a maemo 5 SDK (if it's still out there), to test this. :) I do not have my N900 any more, as it was nicked in a hotel room.. :(

I wonder if we could get some more targets built for testing? ;)

-Thom

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 05:25:36 am »
...knocking the dust off here...
I've played a bit with QML on this.
This is a start - for me - taking a bit of this and that from QML seeing how it operates. It is in no way a consistent UI, and more than likely breaks most paradigms.
I've attached a deb for maemo as I've been testing this on windows and my N900.
What it does - not a lot but
 - scrolling side menu akin to groupings on current orbiter
 - touch lights - menu fades out(sample transition) touch anywhere to get menu back
 - touch webadmin - quess what web page appears (assuming 192.168.80.1 for core)(no scrolling panning yet, but available)
 - a lot of the menu items do nothing but clicking on each unloads the current component at least if not loading its own component, at the moment.
 - touch music a CD case appears - tap it, it flips and flick-able track-listing appears - tracks are selectable
 - touch video - grid of sample videos appear, again flick-able, zooming to fill area currently broken - well it zooms in but zooming out doesn't, so I've it disabled
 - touch arrow at top of screen - quick access area appears - can put status here, at the moment has quit button.

suggestions criticisms please form an orderly queue
now where did I leave my flame retardant suit....

-Coley.

and why would we flame you for doing awesome stuff? :)

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 07:41:05 am »
screenshots, video, youtube, anything?

Great work,

Richard

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:46 am »
Thom - sorry to hear about your N900 being nicked, not nice!!

will try and get screenshots, though screencast would be better, tried one already but it wasn't smooth at all.

-Coley.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 09:34:44 am »
Installed it on my n900 - only shows a black screen