Author Topic: LinuxMCE forum "Connection Problems Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the data  (Read 3000 times)

Riggs

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Kotonix LLC
Don't know where to post this I guess this is the best place

Every so often When i go to the forum i get this:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Don't know if it a problem with the site or not

Dell XPS Gen5 P4 3.2Ghz 64 x2, 3Gbs Ram, GeForce 8600GT 1Gb VRam, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, LinuxMCE 10.04 32bit,, 2 Eth Cards, Comcast business 25Mbs/5Mbs. Zwave, X10, Vera 3.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
This happens once a day as the forum backs itself up to a server on the other side of the planet.

-Thom

Riggs

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Kotonix LLC
Ok I had it about 6 times now.

Oh did you get my message Thom
Dell XPS Gen5 P4 3.2Ghz 64 x2, 3Gbs Ram, GeForce 8600GT 1Gb VRam, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, LinuxMCE 10.04 32bit,, 2 Eth Cards, Comcast business 25Mbs/5Mbs. Zwave, X10, Vera 3.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Yes.

Unfortunately, due to the current situation with the code base, There are large parts of the code which fall under the Pluto Public License.

Part of this license stipulates that hardware and software combinations can't be sold, without getting a per-unit license from Pluto first.

-Thom

Riggs

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Kotonix LLC
No i dont want to sell anything from LinuxMCE or Pluto, i'm just offering my time, as im in limbo at the min.
But i do plan to build and install home automation systems and LinuxMCE would be what i want to install on them, But all this is a long way away.