Author Topic: WAF wins out.  (Read 18897 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: WAF wins out.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »
I will single out one point to prove a bigger point,

"the issue with 2 NICs"

Sure, we'd love more intelligent configuration to adapt to existing networks, while keeping the existing functionality, the question is, who is going to do it?

If the answer is "One of the existing LinuxMCE" devs, be prepared to wait a few years while we get more pressing concerns out the door.

Myself, I am dividing my time between squashing bugs, giving user support, developing new features to provide examples, and trying to solve long standing systems issues by investigating other stacks. I suppose there is an unused slice of my body near my ass somewhere... *looks* .. nope.

-Thom

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: WAF wins out.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 08:47:10 pm »
Glad to see the thread is at least sorta back to the original intent.  After reading through my posts again as well as others I can see where some of the reactionary stuff comes from.  I'm not going to apologize for anything, but if I could start over I would have left a few things out and worded things a bit differently. 

The biggest "tiny little thing" that may have helped the thread go where I was hoping would be to call the original list "things to think about" instead of suggestions.  Really, that's all I wanted to accomplish.  Hope to get more of us thinking about ways to attract more people, both users and devs, to LinuxMCE.  I tried to avoid specifics, although I did mention the "reload router"  "regenerate orbiter" stuff because it comes up all the time and the wife always lets out a big "this again" type hmm and as far as I'm aware it's something that has never been discussed.  Or if/when the orbiter is re-written it becomes a non-issue.  It may be completely impractical to get away from it, I freely admit I have no clue.  But in the spirit of "lets think about ways to improve the end user experience" I felt it was worth at least mentioning. 

Peace.

*tosses hari another bag of popcorn*