Author Topic: Security camera stops after reload  (Read 6120 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Security camera stops after reload
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:34:16 pm »
Hia,
after installing and configuring the ip camera, i noted that after a router reload, it stops fetching images from this camera, being necessary to reinitialize the camera.
Did anyone get this problem?
TIA,
Paulo

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Security camera stops after reload
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:14:11 am »
Hi Paulo,
Yes, I get this. I have 4 IP cameras added under motion wrapper. A quick reload router usually disables the cameras for some reason. Only a reboot fixes the problem.
Barney

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:41:00 pm »
Hi Barney,
i figured out that the camera works again either unplugging from and plugging back to network or unplugging from and pluggingback to power.
I simply don't understand why... :)
Any fix on the way?
TIA,
Paulo

mihajzm

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »
I have Analog capture card with 2 CCTV cameras connected and it behaves the same.
After Quick Reload, i get only last picture before the reload.
When reload again it sometimes starts to work sometimes not. After reboot it work's.
A would assume that the problem maybe somewhere in motion wrapper as I have not seen this problem with
Motion standalone use. But I have not found any solution yet.

jayzee

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:54:21 pm »
I have experienced similar issues with an analog capture card and 2 cameras.

I initially set it up and it worked for a while but again it seemed to get stuck after a reload with a static image of the last successful input from that particular camera.

J
Core/hybrid
Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA, AMD 64 Dual Core 4000, 1gig ram, 2xpvr150, 1xwintv nova T500, 1xconextant 4x security cam input card

1 X MD
Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200, 512mb ram, Silverstone Lascala LC02B

3xMD
Biostar 200n, AMD Sempron 2300, 512

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:59:00 pm »
What i also noted is that leaving it on, without reloading, after a while, the connection is lost...... but after unplugging and plugging back the network cable, it works again...
First i did think it could be the camera firmware, and so i did contac the manufacturer, who did a complete rewrite of the firmware. After that, i did test the camera under windows for 2 days without problem.
Strange.. could not find yet a logical explanation for this behavior under lmce.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:01:52 pm by pw44 »

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »
Hi there

Same problem here under motion wrapper.

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 08:40:26 pm »
Paulo,

I am having 2 different problems.

1. A quick reload router sometimes crashes motion wrapper. I get the message that not all devices started and motion wrapper was the last device trying to start. All cameras have a blue screen.

2. I keep losing a certain IP camera. It works for a while then just stops. If I unplug then plug in power it comes back ... or ... if I disconnect and reconnect the network cable it comes back. This camera does not appear in the advanced >> network >> dhcp leases page. All other cameras have a static address but not this one. I have deleted and re-created the device but the same thing happens.

Fix for 1 is:
Code: [Select]
sudo /etc/init.d/motion restart

Fix for 2 is unknown. It seems to be be dhcp related.
Barney

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:43 pm »
Hi Barney,
maybe would be good that the motion restart makes part of the reload.
About the dhcp, my ip cam is defined as dynamic. and i see the same as you do. No entry in webadmin -> advanced -> network -> dhcp leases.
Reading your reply i also noted the it can be relaed with dhcp, as my cisco 7971 doesn't show up in webadmin -> advanced -> network -> dhcp leases.
Both, camera and cisco phone doesn't show, but are present in the /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf file.
I will next try to set the camera with static ip and see what happens.
Thx for the hints.
Paulo
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:18:33 pm by pw44 »

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:45:44 pm »
OK. Update.

I have several devices which have a static IP address and they appear in web admin >> advanced >> network >> dhcp leases, underneath the dynamically assigned addresses. Two are MDs and the others are IP cameras.

Problem is only 5 static addresses ever show in the web admin >> advanced >> network >>dhcp leases page, and the issues I have are always with the 'missing' devices on this page.

The IP addresses are shown in ascending order. If I use web admin to give a 'missing' device a lower IP address (i.e. below the highest static IP shown), then it appears and the now higher IP address disappears.

These devices all appear to be correctly configured in dhcp conf files, but they do not appear in the web admin and they do not function correctly.

I believe this issue is related to trac ticket:
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/715
and my own post:
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10134.0

I will add a comment to the trac ticket also.
Barney
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:04:53 pm by b4rney »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:16:50 pm »
Ticket 715 was opened by me.....

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:15:38 pm »
I know
 ;D

Can you confirm the same behaviour? Can you see more than 5 static IPs?

If you change the IP of your missing camera does it reappear but hide another device?
Barney

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 11:58:39 pm »
Yes, i can confirm it. Only 5 static ips shows up i nthe webadmin -> network -> dhcp leases, but i have 9 on my /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf.