Author Topic: Issues with VDPAU and OpenGL rendering.  (Read 2879 times)

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Issues with VDPAU and OpenGL rendering.
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:17 pm »
I have been running into a couple issues on my Disk less media director.  I can use VDPAU or OpenGL fine on the first boot, but After a reboot no media will play.  After changing the rendering option on the admin page it starts working again.  This, ofcourse, is a major annoyance.  Has anyone seen this issue before or have any ideas how it could be fixed?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:45:54 pm by Enigmus »

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with VDPAU and OpenGL rendering.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:26:16 am »
I have been running into a couple issues on my Disk less media director.  I can use VDPAU or OpenGL fine on the first boot, but After a reboot no media will play.  After changing the rendering option on the admin page it starts working again.  This, ofcourse, is a major annoyance.  Has anyone seen this issue before or have any ideas ho it could be fixed?

Hi

I had the same thing on my MD's. When I tell Myth to us vdpau and then let lmce use vdpau then none on my tv channels wanted to play. So I left lmce on auto in the webmin. now all work great.
Don't really know what the auto option does.. all I know it works..
Hope it helps..
C

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:30:38 pm »
I suppose that is similar, but what is happening to my MD is no video or audio plays on the system on the second boot.  When you select the media it just drops back to the photo screensaver.  I have tried auto as well it does the same thing.  I have to change it from whatever render option it is on to different one and reboot, then it will work until it reboots again.  I usually hop back and forth between OpenGL and VDPAU.  However, the situation is getting taxing.  I haven't had time to work with any other LinuxMCE features since the 810 Beta because of all the media issues I have been having.  It's starting to get to the point of me dumping the system and going to Mythtv and various other projects to get all the LinuxMCE features.  If I can just get this resolved I can stick with LinuxMCE.  Isn't there anyone out there who has run into this issue?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:45:31 pm by Enigmus »

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:02 am »
I Believe I have located the issue.  I still have to keep an eye on the issue, but it seems that the sound card I was using would only be seen by Xine on certain occasions.  I have reverted to a soundblaster live which has dropped me to stereo only sound, however, it appears that the issues I have been having are resolved.