Author Topic: How to remove duplicate entries in the video database?  (Read 4205 times)

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
How to remove duplicate entries in the video database?
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »
 I now have duplicate video entries in the database. I would like to delete them so I only have 1. I am not sure if I need to do this in mysql or if there is script or the web admin. Sorry for all the weird questions today I am almost done this system and would like to complete it asap. I work on it everyday before I have to go to work. The WAF (wife annoyance factor) is at defcon 4 and rising thanks for all your help.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: How to remove duplicate entries in the video database?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
If I have duplicate entries it is usually because I have moved something and this will solve itself the next time 'Update Media' runs - which is quite frequently.

If you click on the 2 icons in the video menu do they have the same path? Go to the location specified by the paths and hit the 'Resynchronize' button.  This should do it manually instead of waiting for update media

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:55 pm »
 Yes they do have the same path. I will try that. Thanks for the help. I will update thread.

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:52:48 pm »
There is a way to reinitialize the  pluto_media db if need be.
There is an old forum post kicking around let me  know and I will try to dig it up for you.

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »
I had the same problem ones.
I think I got it fixed by re-scaning my data from the webmin.
Have you tried that?
C

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:06 am »
 I have been at it all day I have most of them gone so far (duplicate file entries). My new question would be that I go into Media Files Sync in the webadmin and none of my video files appear to have a check mark meaning that the are not in the database only on the disk. I run coverart on alot of them and then resyncronized the folder that I am in and then I want to "show only without coverart" and nothing. The folder with all the files on it is on a second harddrive. The directory is /mnt/device/40/home/public/data/Movies  am  I suppose to have a symlink to this folder from my primary drive  /home/public/data/videos. I appreciate all the help so far guys its been a bit of a learning curve .

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 05:32:34 pm »
 Okay new info I got a second hard drive that I have only media on. I tried to follow the file structure so I made a directory /home/public/data/Movies so now on the onscreen orbiter I select videos and I have a duplicate entries with just about every movie. when I click on them one is /mnt/device/40/home/public/data/Movies and the other one comes up as File: PUBLIC : other/ST3750330AS (sda1) on dcerouter [40]/home/public/data/Movies/ is there a way I can delete the later.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 08:29:11 pm »
Do not manually create the file structure. LMCE will do this automatically.

-Thom