Author Topic: MythTV 0.22/0.23 is it Hauppauge related or a general problem.  (Read 2118 times)

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
I own a Hauppauge 4000
I have a lot of problems in MythTV 0.22, now with the port to 0.23 I have the same problems.

In the wizard, it detects I accept for linuxMCE to use it, skip all settings (camera) and let the orbiter show up.
I then go through computing to mythTV-setup.
I chose the tuner and only that tuner gets bind to the linuxmce user. I have made a channel. Just a normal setup.

I let mythTV fill database
after confirmation, I do a reload router.

MythTV plays and I see picture <no audio though> and I quit.
If I try to reopen MythTV a get the crash with the prompt | all conections are being used or cannot connect to mythbackend.

If I go to backend, I see that the LCME-default user is binded to another tuner in my card.

If I delete all tuners, and add only one tuner, it is sometimes succesfull, but after revisiting MythTV, crash as above, and MythTV backend is filled with other tuners, who are binded to the linuxmce default user.

Who has similar problems, and do you have a hauppauge card?

tortho

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV 0.22/0.23 is it Hauppauge related or a general problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:43:09 am »
I have the Hauppauge HDPVR and did get the message about all inputs where in use.
I then had to create all 3 for the hd-pvr:
- Svideo
- Composite
- Component.

Then it worked.

Myth does recreate  a "tuner" which I entered earlier (manual setup) and it looks like there is no way to get rid of it...