Author Topic: Testing Myth 0.23 Snapshot LinuxMCE-8.10-22966-i386.iso | not working  (Read 3521 times)

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
If you are trying to help testing 0.23,  the latest snapshot-build is not working at all. I am talking about  LinuxMCE-8.10-22966-i386.iso 22-May-2010 00:16  3.8G . The latest build which results in at least a working core, but half-broken myth 0.23 = LinuxMCE-8.10-22958-i386.iso 20-May-2010 16:16  3.8G.
Hopefully I speared you some downloading and installing woes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:09:56 pm by bongowongo »

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Testing Myth 0.23
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:59:59 pm »
Thanks,

I have 22958 runnning at the moment with Myth issues although kinda works does compain about backend not reachable I think but then starts TV anyway! everything else seems fine so far.

This could be a good thing to have as a sticky on the forum for people to post about experiences of snapshots? Would save people time and bandwith (especially those hosting the site!)

bongowongo

• View Profile
Re: Testing Myth 0.23
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:09:24 pm »
Well people should not just try to install a snapshot if they are not willing to endure faults and or mishaps.
I just did this because I am the first to download and install it <I think>. But if more people want to test, now you know the risks with the lastest two.

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
The truth is the snapshot are for devs and testers to check for errors as we change and debug the system

So if you install a snapshot it is at your own risk  ;)

but please hold out and we will announce when .23 is ready

Its sooner than you think

Thanks

Mandingo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:41:27 am by MANDINGO »
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I have no problem about any of that and I do use the snapshots to test new features expecting hit and miss for working images (thats what I have backups for!)... BUT if so why is it in the wiki for installing 8.10 "Highly recommended"? (could be wrong but didn't you put that up bongowongo? ;D)

Anyway was not wanting to turn this into anything was just a suggestion.  :)

glad .23 is coming along nicely. Great work and thanks to those involved in getting it sorted!

bongowongo

• View Profile
I have no problem about any of that and I do use the snapshots to test new features expecting hit and miss for working images (thats what I have backups for!)... BUT if so why is it in the wiki for installing 8.10 "Highly recommended"? (could be wrong but didn't you put that up bongowongo? ;D)

Anyway was not wanting to turn this into anything was just a suggestion.  :)

glad .23 is coming along nicely. Great work and thanks to those involved in getting it sorted!

You are right, not very smart of me, maybe I should change it.