Author Topic: PocketPC 2003/Bluetooth issues  (Read 8425 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PocketPC 2003/Bluetooth issues
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:52:22 am »
Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing issues with an orbiter running on my mobile phone.  The phone in question is an Orange MPV500 - basically its a branded HTC phone running pocketPc2003.  When I switch on bluetooth, it is recognised by my hybrid (i've only got the one box to play with at the moment!) and the software is sent to the phone.  I try and install it and it does not want to talk to the router, however it does not appear to display any error messages, it just hangs.

Is Pocket2003 supported?

Cheers,

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:31:36 pm »
no. we don't have support for any device compiled with PocketPC 2003 sdk

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:58:52 pm »
are there any plans for supporting this o/s, or will I have to compile it myself?

Cheers,

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 01:06:14 pm »
we have a tight schedule until next March, support for PocketPC 2003 isn't on our list.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:44:03 pm »
Thanks for the update and the quick response.  If I download the SDK, do you know if it would be possible for me to compile the system myself?  The main reason I'm interested in getting this running is because I am thinking about applying to become a reseller, however I want to be able to show a perfectly working system to any potential clients.

As a large number of devices are now running Windows Pocket PC 2003, if I can get it compiled as a binary, I would (of course) release it back to the community.

Cheers,

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 12:54:07 pm »
Hi,

We do have an Orbiter running on Windows CE 4.2 compiled with PocketPC 2003 sdk, but I'm not sure if it will also work under WM5. Give it a try: from your device go to pluto-admin website from the router and before you log in, click on "Download Orbiter Win Installer" and download XScale / Windows CE.NET.  Install the application and follow the steps for setup.
If it doesn't work, maybe you need a different SDK :)

Best regards,
Cristian Miron

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 01:13:58 am »
Thanks for the response, however I'm now completely confused.

According to the following threads:

http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5&highlight=pocketpc+2003
http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=438&highlight=pocketpc+2003

Pocket PC/Windows Mobile 2003 are supported by pluto home using bluetooth.  Is this correct or not?  At the moment I'm trying to hunt around on eBay to find a PDA running WinCE 4 because I'm being told that my Pocket PC 2003 phone is not supported, however I've found two threads that appear to contradict this.

Can someone confirm what the state of play is please?

Thanks in advance,

xMarks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:36:26 am »
Hi,

sorry, won't be of any help, but would like to contribute vote for extending support over wider range of mobile smartphones. I'm also after QTEK S100, but I'm not sure if this is supported or not. There are bundles with this phone that act also as Navigation systems

http://www.cdrinternational.com/dettaglio.asp?ID=10138&Fam=&Lin=&Fas=

and those kits are incredibly useful - and it would be really nice to support them under Pluto. I know it's a tight scehdule till stable release, but IMHO if features will be limited to only few devices then it won't sell good enough...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:13:30 am »
Pocket PC/Windows Mobile 2003 are supported by pluto home using bluetooth. Is this correct or not?

We have an Orbiter for Windows CE 4.2 (compiled with PocketPC 2003 sdk) which works on tablets and pdas, but using wifi, not bluetooth, to communicate with pluto.
Also, we have an Orbiter for Windows Mobile 2003 which works on smartphones (like Motorola MPx220) and uses bluetooth communication.

sorry, won't be of any help, but would like to contribute vote for extending support over wider range of mobile smartphones. I'm also after QTEK S100, but I'm not sure if this is supported or not.

You could try our Orbiter for smartphones (WM2003) to see if it works. I'm not sure if "Microsoft Windows PocketPC Phone Edition" is the same thing with "Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003".

Best regards,
Cristian Miron

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
This really needs an update...
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 03:00:32 am »
By computing standards, WinCE 4.2 is ancient.  There are lots of WM 2003 PDAs out there, and they're the perfect remote for Pluto.  I got my Axim X50V with WM 2003 two years ago...

Seriously, guys...Pluto is great stuff, and I know you're working on a lot of cool features already.  Connectivity and control are the big things going for your product.  This should be bumped up a notch or two on your to-do list.  :)