Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250  (Read 4340 times)

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:42:13 pm »
I see it's listed as plug and play but it wasn't to plug and play for me.  Still it wasn't to difficult getting it to working.  My biggest issues was not knowing mythtv at all, figuring out what frequency table to use for the channel scan and it took the better part of 2 weeks to realize i wasn't getting a digital signal to my house :-[ .  At first the card wasn't recognized but a quick google search fixed that.  This is truly a bad ass card, it's better in linux than windows 7.  Although easier to setup I never got hd in win7, i don't watch tv enough to care enough to motivate me to fix it.  In lmce though i got hd from the start.  Once driver support for the IR blaster, analogue, and s-video inputs are available this should become the new top choice for lmce. 

The point of this thread, I see other post where people have talked about it but no one actually confirmed it as working so i figured i would.  The wiki also needs to be updated and I'm not sure on how to go about doing that.  Can Someone shed some light on that?  I didn't write any drivers or code anything to get this to work.  All the information is readily available on the mythtv wiki but i feel that it should be readily available on the lmce wiki as well.

Also What would it take to get FM radio in lmce?  I'm not looking for anyone to do it for me, hell i don't even know if the current linux drivers support the fm tuner and between slacker radio and Pandora i probably wont use it.  I'm just curious. 

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:05:21 pm »
I have a lot of troubles with the WinTV-HVR-4000.
I gave up with configuring after I heared Mandingo is getting 0.23 to work. I am waiting for latest snapshot to download and test it. A lot of fixes should be there.

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:44 pm »
I have a lot of troubles with the WinTV-HVR-4000.
I gave up with configuring after I heared Mandingo is getting 0.23 to work. I am waiting for latest snapshot to download and test it. A lot of fixes should be there.

Is 0.23 in the latest snapshot?

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 03:33:44 pm »
 :-[ At the risk of sounding silly, what's 0.23?  Are you saying that once this snapshot is available I'll may have better plug and play support for this tuner?

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:39:57 pm »
They're referring to myth (I think! :))
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:03 am »
Yes I am referring to Myth. Version 0.23 is being backported to work with 0810
It is not yet in the latest snapshot.

MDH1966

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 02:23:09 pm »
Is the remote for this card working under LMCE?  I am willing to buy a USB dongle if I need to, but it would be nice if it worked right out of the box.