Author Topic: No UI...?  (Read 3903 times)

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
No UI...?
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:28:32 am »
So I was trying to switch between the skins on my virtualbox setup with UI1 and after choosing the slate skin I now have a blank UI with No buttons etc!! and I cannot get back into Kde to change it back!!

Anyone know how to get into Kde or even change the UI skin through a database query via the command line?

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: No UI...?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03:36 pm »
Can you get to the webadmin and sort it out there?
/Kooma, not an expert

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:10:55 pm »
Yea i had the same problem, Kooma is correct you can switch it back using webadmin.

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:19:55 pm »
No I cant get to the webadmin, I have NO buttons at all, so clicking on the area where Computing normally is does nothing!!

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:36:37 pm »
Do you have another machine (Linux or Windoze) on th "inside" network that you can open a web browser from?

From there, Webadmin and.....
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »
It is setup on a virtual box by its self as in its the only machine i have on the virtualbox setup. can i get to it through the windows machine i have vbox installed on?

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:50:31 pm »
If you're using some kind of host only network on the virtual box then you can. 

Actually even if you're using Nat or bridged connections you should be able to also. In theory, I don't know how you vbox is setup.

dcubox1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »
So cant get any setup to work ive tried changing the network type by trying to connect to the web admin wont work!!

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 03:29:08 pm »
What is your vm sitting on? vmware (if so which one), Parallels, xenapp??

Another option is to bring up another vm.  That's providing you're not using vmware fusion or what ever it's called.  If you installed a server just create a small vm and live boot ubuntu or something.  It should come up on the same network as lmce.  This of course is in theory, again i don't know how you've got it setup.  I have a dedicated vmware server and it communicates with the guest OS with out any trouble. It's all in how you configured the networking.