Author Topic: DHCP leases Foscam IP camera problem  (Read 93274 times)

bri_jac

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DHCP leases Foscam IP camera problem
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:05 am »
Yes I know it's been a while in this post...
But I face exactly same problem with mine Foscam clones (IP-Camera-002a) + my Arduino webserver. While I used AP as DHCP server I could get access to my ip camera + Arduino webserver. but using LMCE as DHCP server seems to loose my ip connection. I have added another Foscam IP camera clone to LMCE compated to my 'old' setup, just to mention it.

I understand it's something with arp tables timeout and I assume it's not really LMCe but the DHCP server in Kubuntu that seems to be sensitive with something - I wonder if there is a quick-fix so I could force an arp table manually to never timeout or what shall I do?

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:13 am »
you can add a static entry to the arp table (arp -s). But please be aware that arp does not directly relate to DHCP. DHCP just tells the client which IP address it shall use. The client then configures the interface and does the ARP communication with eventual local peers that want to talk to it.  The initiator of the connection will send out an ARP who-has request for a specific IP on the local segment. The node with the IP address configured should send an arp reply with its MAC. This all happens without DHCP.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

brononius

• Guru
  • Trying to keep it simple and centralized...
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2012, 01:41:08 pm »
Hey,

Any positive solutions on the topic?
I'm having exactly the same issue. In my eyes, nothing to do with linuxmce. I can't even ping the camera anymore from my switch on (between server and camera).
It's enough to restart the switchport to solve the issue. Should be the same effect with disconnecting/reconnecting the cable. But the server itself (linuxmce) doesn't have anything to do with it...

Since it's a foscam clone (or whatever), nowhere proper support...  >:(
Even messed up one camera with the wrong firmware... :$
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:32:17 pm by brononius »
Version: linuxMCE 1404, running virtual on ESXi

Orbiters: ASUS eeePAD, Nexus 5, Huwai, web
Automation: EIB technology, KNX IP ROUTER 750
Phones: Cisco 7912-7940-7960
Camera's: Foscam POE

bri_jac

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2012, 07:16:20 pm »
Sorry no progress so far. I will update as soon as i get anywhere. But I have also recently become a father so I don't have much time, so please be patient :-)

brononius

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2012, 02:27:33 pm »
If you need an solution, i think i've got one.  :o

When i put my switch on 10HD instead of auto (or 100FD/HD...), i've got no interruptions.
So try the speed to 10HD (switchsettings, an old hub instead of switch...).
I've tested it also with fixed settings on 100FD, but i had the same result. I think that the build in network card can't live with real 100 full duplex... ;)

Before i lost connections after a few minutes. Now it runs for about 48hours without any hickup.
I monitor the camera with cacti, i poll it each minute, so quite sure that i've got no interruptions anymore...

bri_jac

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2012, 09:53:52 am »

When i put my switch on 10HD instead of auto (or 100FD/HD...), i've got no interruptions.
I've tested it also with fixed settings on 100FD, but i had the same result. I think that the build in network card can't live with real 100 full duplex... ;)

Before i lost connections after a few minutes. Now it runs for about 48hours without any hickup.
I monitor the camera with cacti, i poll it each minute, so quite sure that i've got no interruptions anymore...

Hi Ben,

I have tried to change my settings in my netgear wgr614v9 but I can only choose between B&G or only G.
I will try to find an old router and try your proposal.

And thank you for sharing your valuable info :-)

-Brian

brononius

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:17 am »
I have tried to change my settings in my netgear wgr614v9 but I can only choose between B&G or only G.

Oei, i think that you're working wireless?
I was talking about wired conection (physical cable).  :(

But maybe with an older wireless router (lower speeds?) it could give the same result?

lollo93

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2015, 02:21:05 pm »

Hi everyone,

I have your same problem on my foscam camera's.

With this workaround did you finally fix the problem without more interruptions??

Thanks