General > Users

DHCP leases Foscam IP camera problem

(1/20) > >>

b4rney:
I'm testing out the foscam ip cameras from ebay and I've run into a problem. I have three cameras added children of motion wrapper. They have all appeared in the dhcp leases page with static addresses and work well.

I added the final outdoor camera, which works ok when tested on the external network. It appeared briefly in the dhcp leases as an active dhcp lease when plugged into the internal network. I used these details to add it under motion wrapper and it worked ..... for a while.

The camera has not appeared as a static dhcp entry and lmce loses contact with the camera after a few minutes. I have to disconnect/reconnect the network cable for it to reappear and the device isn't listed in the dhcp table at all.

Anyone experienced this?
Barney

b4rney:
Last night I plugged the camera into my external router/switch and it got a DHCP address. I pointed the camera device at the external ip address and it has worked flawlessly since then.

Looks like I might have a problem with DHCP in lmce. Will report back if I figure it out.
Barney

b4rney:
OK continuing this discussion it appears the foscams periodically cease to respond to arp requests which breaks the network communication.
http://blog.stead.id.au/2010/06/resolving-foscam-connection-dropouts.html

The suggested fix is to add a static arp record. Don't know if this will persist after a restart though. I hope to start testing this. Anyone else want to test?

I will also get onto foscam to see if they can do a firmware fix for this problem.
Barney

purps:
Based on this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=742424, I did a...

--- Code: ---sudo arp -i eth0 -s 192.168.80.XXX 12:34:56:78:90:AB
--- End code ---

...followed by checking the outputs of...

--- Code: ---arp -a
--- End code ---

...and...

--- Code: ---arp
--- End code ---

This last command shows a CM flag for the camera, which is good apparently. Only time will tell if this has stuck properly! Will report back.

purps:
Nope, didn't work, I will try resetting the core now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version