Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000HD and WinTV-NOVA-T-500-HD working in Linux?  (Read 15260 times)

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000HD and WinTV-NOVA-T-500-HD working in Linux?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 10:19:24 pm »
 ;D

Well it seems your wows will be over soon, i am almost done with integrating mythtv .23 and some new DVB cards into the system
if you havent posted your card info in the other thread i have about DVB cards then do so

Thanks
Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

gunsmoke

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 11:32:46 pm »
Just found a post in the Hauppauge forum where Stephanie explaines that the different between HD and none HD, is the supply of CyberLink PowerCinema, with the M.264 decoder and sound codec AAC+. Included in the package. This post is however dated 15 July 2008, so maybe there is a newer version today :P

Still have no replay on my post at Hauppauge forum...

Mandigo:
Just ordered the mobo in quest for my core, a ASUS M3N78-VM. Maybe ready to test the card in the weekend, if my order comes clean thru...

I am also now making an new order for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000-HD, in a different store
this time ;)

Still not sure if I should return my twin aerial WinTV-Nova-TD-500, or not. I guess if it can be used with HD, as it also explaines in the manual, there is no need to get a version with the cyperlink software, as it is only usable in windows anyway. only reason must be if there is a newer card, or that the single aerial connector version works better in linux.. :-\

Any thoughts/speculation/facts on this to make up my mind, he-he ;D
HTPC HARDWARE: Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H, Onboard video 9400, mATX, Socket LGA775. Intel Core2 Duo E8400. Samsung SpinPoint SATA2 HD 1000GB. Corsair 2x2GB DDR2. NEC DVD+/-RW ND4551A. Seasonic S12-330; +3.3v/20A. BIOS: v3.7

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:45 am »
Hi Guys

Had a quick look over posts so thought would mention my history with the TD version!

I have (according to the label) the TD-500 which does have 2 aerial inputs but only 1 works. Plug your aerial into the 1st plug and you will have dual tuner (took me some research to work that out!)

Yes there was major issues with card and linux this in the past I started on 710 but never got anywhere then 810 got given some drivers and had to alter files to get working....But now (did reinstall couple weeks ago) is plug and play!

Do not have the USB disconnects etc. I have had some signal issues in the past but I'm 90% sure that is how my aerial is mounted on roof. Since last altered the angle of aerial I get 70%+ strength which runs 2 channels no problems.

Easiest option if system is up and running would be to throw the card in the machine select in web admin and see how TV goes?

Cheers

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:52 am »
 ;D

Alot of cards will be supported from the driver package i made but they might not be pnp with lmce untill a Device Template is created, look at my footer for a current supported list

Thanks

Mandingo

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 02:04:50 am »
;D

Well it seems your wows will be over soon, i am almost done with integrating mythtv .23 and some new DVB cards into the system
if you havent posted your card info in the other thread i have about DVB cards then do so

Thanks
Mandingo

Mandingo

Is there anything I can help with to get myth 0.23 in the repo?
I was told this will fix a lot of my problems to.
C

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:19:24 am »
when the builder is done in some hours it will need to be tested

jump into the irc channels and lets talk there  ;D

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:39 am »
I have (according to the label) the TD-500 which does have 2 aerial inputs but only 1 works. Plug your aerial into the 1st plug and you will have dual tuner (took me some research to work that out!)

You're absolutely right, I had forgotten all about this. If you have a Nova-T-500 with two antenna inputs, only one of them is functional. Apparently the manufacture wanted to use up a load of brackets that they had, and only one of the antennas is actually connected to anything.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps