Author Topic: New feature request: Landing page  (Read 13288 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: New feature request: Landing page
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:26 am »
Has  anyone put anymore thought into this?

So far it seems we've arrived @ joomla or drupal for the landing page...
various modules and what not

The reason I ask is because im working on a weather display and im just thinking about everything proposed here in general. There are good ideas, im just wondering if anyone has made any progress on the joomla front or ??

cheers
golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

d0t

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 12:06:29 am »
I'd rather see Drupal integrated with LinuxMCE.  It has a larger following and a massive selection of 3rd party modules, giving more extensibility for future uses.

BIGDOG76

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 08:09:01 am »
I am new to linux and very new to linuxmce, so I will not be much help with the integration, but I am fairly familiar with drupal and I think it would be the obvious choice over joomla.  Huge community, grreat support, thousands of free modules, etc, etc.

If someone can intergrate this with linuxmce there is already a drupal module that does most of what is requested here.  Homebox http://drupal.org/project/homebox would provide the ui for this.  You can add google gadgets (calendar, mail traffic, directions, etc.) or your own data and drag, drop and resize the "boxes".  There may be a problem with dragging a "homebox" with a google gadget embedded in it.  I have seen 1 issue posted related to this, so it may or may not work. I will look into that.  It may be an iframe or java issue.  Does anyone know about google gadgets?  Are they iframes? 

I am wiring my house now to install an mce network and would love to see this added.

Off topic:  does anyone know about a 10.04 release? or boxee (or similar) intergration?

Chris