Author Topic: Local disk showing up twice  (Read 2844 times)

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Local disk showing up twice
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:19:29 am »
After a few weeks of more or less perfect performance from 8.10b my boot disk shows up twice. This means LMCE have found all media on that disk (like all the videos from the wizards). Looking at Devices, there's a disk under CORE that I suspect shouldn't be there.
SAMSUNG_HD321KJ (sda5) on dcerouter
Could I just mark Ignore = On to get rid of it - or is this supposed to be there?

I also have a 1.5 TB local disk in the same machine, but it's a NTFS/SFS partition and LMCE will not mount it. I suspect the problem is due to this unmountable disk, leading to the wrong disk being mounted.

Any thoughts?

JoakimL

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Local disk showing up twice [Partly solved]
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20:17 am »
Some further investigation has shown me there is a link in the folder \home\public\data\other\
SAMSUNG_HD321KJ (sda5) on dcer [37] --> /mnt/device/37

Ignore = On didn't help, but removing the link worked fine.

Only trouble now is there's a lot of duplicates in the database. I've synced to mark the dead media but they still show up in the media browser. Is there a tool to delete the dead media from the database?

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
Re: Local disk showing up twice
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:59 am »
Usually LinuxMCE detects automatically all partitions on the local disks except one where it installed and swaps. It's very strange that LinuxMCE discovered system partition and add it as separate device (37 is its ID). You can just delete this device from the system via admin interface. But because of it's system disk I'm not sure what happens with your installation.

Regarding the NTFS partition. It looks like there is some problem with mounting of internals NTFS partition. I already read a few topics about that. I don't have any internal NTFS partitions but my external USB HDD with NTFS was recognized by 0810 as X10 PC interface CM15A.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

F1forHELP

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Local disk showing up twice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:53:52 am »
I had this issue on a prior install after I had restarted one of the auto-detection scripts and clicked on the 'yes, please use this device' without looking at the identifier.  Deleting the disk did not affect the installation, and did remove the duplicate movies from the database.

Because I was having issues with MythTV, I reloaded the system disk.

Hope this helps.

Joseph