Author Topic: little question ;)  (Read 3495 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
little question ;)
« on: November 05, 2006, 02:01:44 am »
hi pluto guys! i knew plutohome some months ago, but only now i had time to put some questions here in the forum, i'm from portugal, so i hope that you understand my poor english :P

before anything else, pluto guys, "The best opnesource project ever!"
really, i was for a long time looking for a solution like this one.. keep the excellent work!
i would like to contribue, unfortunelly my C/C++ skills are not enought :(

now the question, i was reading the pluto wiki, and i have read that when pluto detects motion in the survillance cams, it can send the recorded video to my mobile right?
How it do this?!

i need some kind of 3G modem, and it sends an MMS message, or it uses a VoIP provider that accepts MMS forwards?!

tanks in advice, i'll back later :)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
little question ;)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:24:15 am »
i doesn't send the live video feed, it sends snapshots.
the camera saves the snapshot on hdd, the the mobile receives the picture via bluetooth.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
little question ;)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:10 pm »
ok.. only the snapshot.. so if i'm not at home (neither in the bluetooth range) that means that i cannot recive any snapshots of possible "intruders activity.." right?
is there any way to do that?
for examaple..when someone trips the camera, it send me an email or an MMS to my mobile phone?
tnks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
little question ;)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:40:12 am »
well, we thought about that too ...
if you're not in bluetooth range you can always connect to gprs and our application will send those snapshots to you.
so when an intruder walks in your house you can see him and choose to speak in the house or call your neighbors, or friends, or to police.
if the snapshot shows you that the alarm isn't a threat you can reset the triggered sensor.