Author Topic: UI2 crashes when browsing  (Read 2971 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
UI2 crashes when browsing
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:45:47 am »
Hia,
after transfering all my files (around 8.000 mp3 files and 1.500 video files avi, mpeg, mkv, wmv), i'm getting periodic crashes when browsing the media library, i.e, Media -> Audio. Dragging the mouse down for fast scroll (4 arrows), after some rolling, it stops, the UI2 freezes, and the orbiter begins to rebuild.
The same happens when browsing the Media -> Videos.
I don't think is lack of computing power. The orbiter is running on the hybrid, with a Phenom 955, 2 GB DDR 800, Nvidia 8200 with 512 MB and a 1 TB Raid 5.
Anyone got this problem?
TIA
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:39:19 am by pw44 »

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: UI2 crashes when browsing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:05:05 am »
I have similar problems to this - on many occasions, the "4 arrows" just turn black after the cursor has been moved over them, and appear to crash the orbiter. The media carries on playing behind it (jerky, but it is always jerky when the orbiter is in front of said media, working or not), but all control is lost and a black imprint of the 4 arrows remain on the screen. The only wait to regain control is to either quick reload router or regen the orbiter.

This is on an 330 ion board running with vdpau (vdpau setting put into place from web admin).

If anybody could shed some light on this, that would be great. I swear I used to have these problems (albeit to a lesser extent) on 710 as well.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:11:23 am »
I'm having this issue as well: I can navigate the UI2 menus but when I select tv, play a video, or turn on hulu the menu crashes and the background freezes. To get back I have to restart the MD. The weird thing is that on my core that has identical hardware as my Media Director (Geforce 8200, 2.4 ghz AMD CPU, 2 gigs ram) it doesn't happen. Also it only happens with UI2. Please if anyone can help I've been trying to get UI2 for days now.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 03:53:49 am »
I'm getting the same problem with Live TV, browsing channels (OSD -> TV -> F6 mouse up or down and selecting the program). UI2 crashes and orbiter begins to regen.
Anyone aware of this on Live TV?

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 06:40:15 pm »
Are you using a gyro mouse?

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:41 pm »
Yes, i'm using a gyro mouse...

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:37:33 am »
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=10005.0

I only get this problem when watching TV - well, that's not strictly true, it happens all the time, but the only time I can't snap it out of it is when I'm watching TV. I've also noticed (not that it matters) that the media goes jerky behind the orbiter, and becomes fluid again when the orbiter is cancelled (other media does not do this), not sure if there's a connection there.

The quick fix mentioned in the above thread (click the opposite button, wait for the rose to appear, then press the one you actually need) seems to work 9 out of 10 times, I have yet to try the other solution mentioned by l3mce.

I have however just bought last night a N800 on ebay for 56 quid, rather pleased with that. Will see how I get on with this new method of control. There's one on there for around 80 quid buy it now if anybody else is interested.