Author Topic: Asterisk and Security  (Read 8259 times)

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Security
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:04:22 pm »
Hi there, I have just re-installed LinuxMCE 810 twice to verify my problems.

The first problem is already listed in a ticket with regards to extension 200 and the password, The next issue I have is the IVR, after correcting extension 200's password. the IVR answers just fine but does not behave according to the voice prompts, Whatever you dial it rings all extensions.

The Extension names are not listed by the IVR, it just says "to talk to "blank" dial 1, to talk to "blank" dial 2".

The next very annoying thing is the Motion Wrapper, starts perfectly when you restart the Core, but if you just do a “Quick Reload” or “Regen”, it fails to start. I'm not quite sure if it’s a timing issue or not.

Like I said I have installed twice in 2 days with the same problems.

Any direction would be great

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:02:00 am by LmceCape »

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk IVR and Motion Wrapper
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:59:19 pm »
Can confirm similar behaviour with motion wrapper. I have ip cameras and a quick reload router usually crashes it.

Very annoying!
Barney

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Security
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:21:18 am »
Thanks for the response b4rney

To add to my woes, I have once again reinstalled on new hardware with the same results.

Asterisk:
Under freepbx: "After setting up the first MD "This phone is using "Technology" is blank" for extensions under Freepbx. Ticket #567 by felpouse, suggests removing "$DEVICE_SECRET=$DEVICE_EXT" from sync_pluto2amp.pl. which seemed to fix the problem once deleting all the extensions from within freepbx and running the sync_pluto2amp.pl from the command line. I also had to change the line that reads
"chown asterisk.asterisk -R /usr/share/asterisk" /etc/asterisk/*" to "`chown www-data.asterisk /usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/*`;" and
"`chown asterisk.asterisk /etc/asterisk/*`;" and added "AMPASTERISKUSER=www-data" "AMPASTERISKGROUP=asterisk" to the bottom or the /etc/amportal.conf file.
Speakinhouse from the check.wml page calls me but no sound broadcasts to the core or MDs' but if I call extension 998 it works fine. (Zaptel modules are installed and loaded).

Security
Once triggered it sometimes plays the "Security.mpg" once(30 Sec) and the sound on the countdown is very chopped off (30 seconds, 21 sec, 7s, 5, 2, 1. It then resets, if triggered again it counts down again but hardly ever plays the mpg or it just flashes once very quickly.

HDMI
Another issue is that I have one MD running through HDMI but there is no sound on the Orbiter Telephone. I have checked the simplephone.conf and it has "alsadev=plughw:1, playback_dev_id, ringer_dev_id and capture_dev_id all set to "ALSA:plughw:1" but my asound.conf has pcm.asym_hdmi as plughw:0. if I change the simplephone.conf it just resets on reload.

and lastly the Motion Wrapper still fails on a Quick Reload but is fine on a core reboot. (b4rney has the same issue)

Any feedback, please. I have been testing 810 since it started. I would just like to know I'm not alone in this or if I am alone could someone please let me know where I am going wrong. I have posted my problems a few times but only b4rney was kind enough to let me know about the Motion Wrapper.

Regards
Tommy

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:01:41 am by LmceCape »

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Asterisk and Security
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:59:17 am »
OK, I am trying one more time to ask for any info, suggestion or confirmation. PLEASE

Asterisk and Security
Same problems as in my previous posts, I have gone through all the tickets concerning Asterisk and have confirmed that the Zaptel modules are installed and loaded. "Speak in House" from security plug-in or form wap/gprs does not work, it creates a meetme room but does not include the core/hybrid or any MDs' in the meetme room. Calling neighbours or sending SOS does not work at all. I have tried from many different SIP and IAX providers.
Extensions under FreePBX reverting to "This phone is using "Technology"" Blank is still happening after a regen but at least I can fix this manually.

The security countdown sound is chopped-off (after the 21 second mark you can hardly understand what she is saying). The actual security.mpg plays occasionally but never really finishes, as soon as the security.mpg finishes or doesn't finish (30sec) the countdown restarts again and again and calls you again and again. The only options that work though are 1 and 2.

HDMI
Still no audio on the orbitor telephone side when using HDMI for sound.

Media wrapper always fails on reload but never on a restart.

I have been trying to use the security side of LinuxMCE for sometime now, I have now purchased Cameras and was looking to purchase some ZWAVE gear, but the security/telephone side of LinuxMCE does not seem to functional, at least not on my installs.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can somebody tell me where I am going wrong or at least point me to where I can troubleshoot the problem.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:01:01 am by LmceCape »

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk and Security
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:27:35 pm »
For Asteriks, it does not work it is broken, and it is known, it will stay broken till somebody can fix it. So if you have knowledge and or capacity, step up.

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »
Thanks for the response, thats all I was looking for.

I have and will keep trying to see where the asterisk problem is, how about the security/alarm problem with not playing the security.mpg and repeating the countdown or the telephone over HDMI audio, any ideas for me?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »
Can you guys please look for a ticket for this on trac and attach an appropriate patch, so we can verify?

-Thom

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 06:36:46 pm »
If you hit the save button in the names section i believe it populates the IVR Names.
I don think you even need to fill in the additional field.

HTH

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 06:00:22 pm »
OK, I have the Asterisk Speak-in-House and "Neighbours to Call" working now, It's the "$DCERouter" variable in the "pluto-sos-neighbor.pl and pluto-sos-speak.pl scripts that do not work, if you take out the "$" and leave it at "DCERouter" all works fine.

I still can't figure out why if you have install a new MD and whenever you do a Orbiter-Regen it breaks the sip accounts (takes out the Technology) , can someone tell me what scripts all called to generate the extensions.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:07:45 pm »
That is NOT good, that variable must be there.

Please check to see why that variable may not be set. I think you've got bigger problems.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:49:42 pm »
Guys,

thanks for finding this. Due to a small snafu back in December 2008, things got a little wrong. I am in the process of fixing the perl code right now. There should be an update out by tomorrow.

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »
In the meantime I found an error in the /usr/pluto/bin/sync_pluto2amp.pl script on line line 210

`curl 'http://localhost/admin/config.php?display=extensions&extdisplay=$old_ext&action=del' &> /dev/null`;
should be
`curl 'http://localhost/admin/config.php?type=setup&display=extensions&extdisplay=$old_ext&skip=0&action=del' &> /dev/null`;

This fixes the extension delete section.

The fact that the sip extensions are set with no technology once you a a regen, it seems to remove all the data for those extensions from the mysql "devices" and "sip" tables and only leaves data in the "users" table.

An ugly workaround is to change line 204
$DB_SQL = "select user from devices where (description like 'pl_".$DEVICE_ID."')";
to
$DB_SQL = "select extension from users where (name like 'pl_".$DEVICE_ID."')";

and change line 15 in the StartCoreServices.sh script from
/usr/pluto/bin/sync_pluto2amp.pl $Devices
to
/usr/pluto/bin/sync_pluto2amp.pl

I know this deletes and recreates all the extensions every time but for now at least the phone system doesn't break every time I regen all orbiters.

Any ideas on the security side with regards to the count down being very cut-off (I check the .wav files it creates and they sound fine). Also the Security.mpg sometimes fails to start or flashes for a second and dies. But the most annoying thing is the fact it starts a countdown every 30 second if the sensor keeps tripping even though I haven't reset the Alarm. So if someone is walking around in your house he will here a security alert followed by a countdown every 30 seconds.

Lastly has anybody got the Telephone plugin working under HDMI???

Cheers

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 03:35:18 pm »
In the meantime I found an error in the /usr/pluto/bin/sync_pluto2amp.pl script on line line 210

`curl 'http://localhost/admin/config.php?display=extensions&extdisplay=$old_ext&action=del' &> /dev/null`;
should be
`curl 'http://localhost/admin/config.php?type=setup&display=extensions&extdisplay=$old_ext&skip=0&action=del' &> /dev/null`;

This fixes the extension delete section.

thanks. Could you open a trac ticket next time with the details. That way, commits can be referenced to your change.
The fact that the sip extensions are set with no technology once you a a regen, it seems to remove all the data for those extensions from the mysql "devices" and "sip" tables and only leaves data in the "users" table.

Could you post a before and after regen, so I can check what's going wrong, please?

LmceCape

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 07:12:43 am »
Do you want to see all the mysql tables before and after the reload or any specific log file???

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »
The db entries would be fine, as well as the config files (tar.gz if need be to filebin.ca)