Author Topic: Networking issues  (Read 2719 times)

Nortmobile

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Networking issues
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:42:16 am »
I'm having issue with my newly installed of Linuxmce 810 beta. I've checked my network settings and I've noticed a few strange things.

EXTERNAL_IFACE     eth0
EXTERNAL_MAC    00:03:6                (missing the rest of the MAC address)
EXTERNAL_IP    24.xxx.xxx.xxx
EXTERNAL_NETMASK    255.255.252.0
EXTERNAL_DHCP    1
INTERNAL_IFACE    eth1
INTERNAL_MAC    00:13:8                (missing the rest of the MAC address)
INTERNAL_IP    192.168.80.1
INTERNAL_NETMASK    255.255.255.0 eth1      (I have no idea why this eth1 is there)
GATEWAY    24.xxx.xxx.xxx
DNS1    68.87.71.230
DNS2    68.87.73.246

I know what the settings should be but I don't know where to make the changes or what caused them to be wrong in the first place. I'm having problems with the orbiter on the core\hybrid. It says it cannot register with the router. I found the posts here http://forum.linuxmce.com/index.php?topic=1680.0 but it wasn't much help to me. Also I'm having problems with a diskless MD (an Acer revo 1600) the errors are (well, something like this)
mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init.
No init found. Try passing init= bootrag
Thanks for any information

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: Networking issues
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:59 am »
Both my MAC Addresses are partial also but I have no network issues so I think this maybe normal.  The 'eth1' at the end of the Internal_Netmask is different to me, I just have the same numbers as you

Nortmobile

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Networking issues
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:51:10 pm »
Well I made changes to the /etc/exports file(again, I had done this 3-4 times before) and then I modified the interfaces file so that the subnet didn't include "eth1". Once I did this I was able to boot past the mounting issues. It took awhile but it eventually went through the process but I'm not out of the woods as my MD, as does my hybrid machine, is giving the 'Orbiter cannot register with router' error. I've enabled Asterisk, restarted the router and disabled Asterisk, restarted the router. Tonight I will reboot it completely to see if that helps. Could it be a DNS issue as the dns servers displayed in the admin website are both external to my environment. If I'm not including some information that would be helpful let me know what I can post to be useful.  Thanks for your help again.