Author Topic: Windows Mobile 6 Orbiters (HTC Touch HD)  (Read 13100 times)

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Windows Mobile 6 Orbiters (HTC Touch HD)
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:18:33 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting a WM6 mobile phone to work as an orbiter.  Specifically I have an HTC Touch HD that I'd like to get working.  The Windows CE CAB will intall, and I can get through the orbiter setup, but then PocketFrog just consumes all the memory on the phone until I have to reboot it.

I've seen on the wiki that someone got a WM5 XDAii working... does anyone know how this was done.

For bonus marks, has anyone had any luck getting the web orbiter to work on a mobile web browser?  I find it just keeps refreshing, and I can't actually work any of the buttons.

Thanks,
T

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Mobile 6 Orbiters (HTC Touch HD)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »
Interesting...I got the HTC HD2...I was going to try the java-orbiter...have you given that one a try?

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:54:40 pm »
I also have a HTC touch HD and you' can't get the CAB orbiter to work. I've spent hours on this and it just won't work. Never tried the java orbitter though. You should give that a try. Java is supported by the Touch HD.

Grtz

Thingie

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 07:27:34 pm »
I have the XDAIIi working.

I connect via wifi then download the installation file (not sure if it was the 'XScale' or 'Intel X86' version) then ran it.  It goes through set up and just works, nothing special was needed.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:34:27 pm »
I have the XDAIIi working.

I connect via wifi then download the installation file (not sure if it was the 'XScale' or 'Intel X86' version) then ran it.  It goes through set up and just works, nothing special was needed.

Are you using 810 version? If I trie to download the orbiter from the server it always gives me a 0kb file. If you have the working cab can you please send it to me? Send me a pm and I'll give you my email address. I've read some more posts on the forum that the orbiters are 0kb. Pls send me the CAB

Thx a lot

Thingie

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:36:11 pm »
btw I'm trying the java orbiter on my HTC Touch HD and so far no luck. it gives java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I'll keep trying and keep the post updated.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »
I am using 0810 but I installed it in 0710 and when I upgraded it fired up, just the same as before. 

I would look at this http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9791.0 for a download location

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 07:24:23 am »
The 'missing link' installer is an MSI for XP machines - not for WM6, or am I missing something?

Thingie - how do you begin to install the JavaMO?  Is there somewhere I can get the .jad or .jar files?

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 12:18:03 am »
The 'missing link' installer is an MSI for XP machines - not for WM6, or am I missing something?

Thingie - how do you begin to install the JavaMO?  Is there somewhere I can get the .jad or .jar files?

You're right about the link it's for windows desktop not mobile.

To set up the Java you need to connect with bluetooth. So one of your MD's or Core has to have bluetooth. Create a new orbiter in the webadmin. There you have the choice for a 'java mobile device' or something like that. Check the box that says 'resend the application to mobile device' and fill in your bluetooth mac address in the mac address field. Save everything. The screen of your orbiter should show the code you should use to make the connection  with your phone. '1234' by default. Approve the incomming connection on your phone and the java installer will download. Open Java and install. Good luck with it because it won't work on my Touch HD.

Grtz

Thingie

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 02:08:25 am »
Im not sure which you were looking for, so i just added both.

http://langstonball.com/linuxmce-topmenu-31/25-software/61-orbiter-setup-for-ce

hope that what you need.

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 06:51:03 pm »
hmm..seems the hd2 doesn't like the orbiter software...the memory in the phone was immediately full, though I installed it on the memory card

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:00 pm »
Yep, that's my experience with the CE orbiter - just fills the memory of the phone in about 30s.

I'm having issues with my bluetooth dongle (Belkin F8T016) but once I've overcome that I'll give the JavaMO a go.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:42:13 am »
any success so far? I've tried for some time now, but I cannot get the javamo to my cellphone...so I just tried copying the file to the phone and installed it...now I only have a white window with a title bar that say JavaMo...nothing else...and my phone insists I pair it with the dcerouter :-(

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »
okay, I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to revive it.
I now have a rom on my HTC hd2 with Sun Java 7.1 supporting JSR82.
I edited the registry on that phone, so that pairing the devices is not required anymore. I also changed the registry, so that authorisation would not be required anymore. Still they Core fails to push the java orbiter. I again copied the javamo.jar to the phone and tried to execute it.
Here is the report:
Application cannot be installed because critical information is missing from the application file (.jad)

edit: okay, slap me silly....the file is 0 byte.....do you know where I can get the actual file?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:00:41 pm by maverick0815 »