Author Topic: Anyone using a dvi monitor as a display?  (Read 2275 times)

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Anyone using a dvi monitor as a display?
« on: April 22, 2010, 05:33:02 pm »
If anyone is using a computer monitor over a DVI connection as a display, I am terribly interested in how you got it working. It displays LMCE and the media fine and seems to be properly setup in the video wizard. I have tried the DPMS monitor template and set the video pipes but I cannot get the display to either turn off or go to standby when I select the display off button in LMCE. The orbiter disappears but the monitor never goes to standby. I unchecked the leave monitor on for display box in the admin website under the orbiter settings and have set the video pipes for the MD.

I also tried enabling DPMS from the KDE desktop. That doesn't seem to work either. I was under the impression that DPMS was more for the VGA connector but when I inquired about the DVI monitor someone referred me to the DPMS template. I am not sure if this is the correct template, but I cannot seem to find the elusive DVI monitor template.

I know that the monitor will support kicking over to standby based on input from the PC (or lack thereof) because I have Ubuntu 8.04LTS installed on the MD HDD, and the function works beautifully with that.

Any help would be most appreciated and thanks in advance!

Josh

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using a dvi monitor as a display?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »
This script seems to kick it into standby properly. Now I just need to map it to a remote button or set up a scenario to execute it. Here is where I am having trouble now. I cannot seem to figure out how to execute a script with a scenario.

#!/bin/bash

STATUS=`xset -q | grep "Monitor is" | awk '{print $3}'`

if [ "${STATUS}" = "On" ]
then
   sleep 1; xset dpms force off
else
   xset dpms force on
fi
exit 0

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:35:14 pm by lmwashere »