Author Topic: How can I add av sync controls to xine?  (Read 3699 times)

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
How can I add av sync controls to xine?
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:27:59 pm »

I wish to add controls to allow Xine_player to receive av sync +/- controls, equivalent to n/m keys when using the normal xine with a keyboard (this does not work with the LMCE version).

I understand that I need to add data to the RemoteMapping table to redirect lirc keypresses to pluto messages, but am not sure what I need to do to get Xine_player to intercept them.

Is anybody else doing any work on this particular feature btw?

Cheers,

Chris

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How can I add av sync controls to xine?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 05:13:03 pm »
 Hi, chrisbirkinshaw

I had to remap my lircd.conf buttons according to the once in the pluto_main RemoteMappings db.
I added some commands looking up the commands table and creating a field in RemoteMappings using the command number.

Basically you can add your own commands and bind them to unused button on your remote.

If far as i could understand the commands are redirected to the active media player / App

Regards,

Rafik

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:05:48 pm »
So any commands you add will be converted to key presses by the Xine wrapper? What is this table called? I can't seem to find anything very helpful in the database schema.

What commands were you adding btw?

Thanks,

Chris

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:30:08 am »
Chris

Inferring from something I just read from Thom - as Xine_player is just a wrapper to the xine library (ie not a full xine player application such as xine_ui) all the "smarts" for executing the various commands to play/stop/pause/etc are provided by the wrapper itself, and it simply calls the various library functions. So you would have to actually expand the Xine_player wrapper itself to add this functionality and call the appropriate library functions yourself. It wouldn't simply be a matter of piping in the key presses as there is no code in Xine_player to interpret them, and there is no application beneath that, just libraries. I assume that you are using some other player based on the Xine libraries, and this implements that function...

Col.

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:32:18 pm »
Yes, I now understand how it all works thanks to some help on that other thread. I guess I'll have to dig into the code or put up a bounty for the feature!

Thanks,

Chris