I am at the moment researching LMCE and thinking if this is the right joice for me.
Short info about me: I am quite used to linux and have no problem with playing with it a bit, but in the end I want to have a system that works and that I can forget, and not one that crashes every other day.
As far as I understand even if LMCE supports for instance KNX it does not support all devices, right?
I am looking at a home automation / media system that has the following features:
* suitable for already built homes. So either wireless or over the powerline. (i know LMCE has that)
* lighting (i know LMCE has that)
* sensors (temperature, humidity and others)
* possbility to have remote -controlled (by LMCE) switches. So that I can have an appliance that I wire to a switch and can switch it remote.
* Movie server / client (i know LMCE has that)
* data storage on software raid
nice to have:
* video surveillance
* door lock
* if possible cheap
(yes I know, it never is)
I would implement that in about half a year.