To start I'm a complete home automation newbie, however have been researching the topic for a long time. My husband and I are just finishing building a new house and I decided to try the PLCBus system on all the lights, so I bought a number of micro modules from 10hk.com and got them installed by the electrician when he was wiring the lights along with momentary switches. Pretty much all light circuits are covered by a micro module, and all the lights are cfl's. I bought the dimmable modules, but as there is no recommended dimmable cfl's to use with these, I decided to first use standard non dimmable cfl's and program the modules to dim at 100% over 0 seconds (and then program again at a later stage when the dimmable become available).
The modules I purchased were both the 1 load 2263D and 2 load 2264D dimmable lamp modules. Kevin also included the 1141 interface for me to program the modules preset dim rate and then send back to him. I've loaded the current software that Kevin has developed in VB6.
I have a few issues and questions with the set up which I don't quite understand:
I believe that I have set up the interface correctly to the computer, and have the correct COM port open and ready to go.
I want to program one of the 1 load modules to be address H1. So to do this I tried:
1. Entered H1 into the ‘New\Scenes Address’ House and Unit Code section
2. Pressed and held the reset button on the module for 5 secs until the LED lights
3. Pressed the ‘Main Address Setup’ button.
The ‘ACK’ did not turn green. Is it supposed to? The interface makes a noise when I do send the commands which is promising.
I then wanted to try and set the preset dim rate on the module. So this is what I tried:
1. Entered H1 into the ‘Basic Command’ House and Unit Code
2. In the ‘Dimming Control’ section I entered ‘Bright Level’ to 100
3. In the ‘Dimming Control’ section I entered ‘Fade Rate (Secs)’ to 0
4. Pressed and held the reset button on the module for 5 secs until the LED lights
5. Pressed the ‘Preset Dim’ button.
The ‘ACK’ did not turn green. Is it supposed to?
I did have another couple of questions also:
Our lights are on a separate circuit to the power, all single phase, how does the 1141 plugged into the power circuit talk to the micro module on the light circuit, do I need a bridge of some sort? Or should I be doing it all with an RF transmitter?
How to program 2 load modules? There is only one reset button how do I program the second address?
Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.