i have an onboard ati wich i need to get out of my way
1. Remove the add-on graphics card and boot into your ubuntu install as normal.
2. Open terminal and enter the following without quotes:
"sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist"
3. Add the following two entries without quotes to the end of the file:
4. Shutdown the pc and reinstall the add-on graphics card.
5. Connect monitor to add-on card and boot pc.
i wanna use the dvi connector on the add-on card, i'm having a few questions:
wil i use the same commands?
what is blacklist?
do u first install linuxmce without the add-on card?
what exactly do these commands do?
thanks up front