Glad you're still fiddling with kmotion, Mike. What, apart from the RAM disk buffering, does kmotion bring to the party? I had initially assumed it was just a graphical wrapper for motion and would not add functionality beyond visualisation.
Kmotion2 brings a few things (as a stand-alone package), but not all apply in the LMCE context. Some of those features can be replicated with existing LMCE features. So, I was looking to try and understand both, rather than just bolting on Kmotion2 and incurring the wrath of Thom.
- Fire off scripts (like e-mails w/picture attachments) when motion events occur (some functions could be done with LMCE events)
- Ability to configure motion masks in the Web GUI (doesn't presently exist in LMCE)
- A timeline view on a per-camera basis (I'm still trying to understand LMCE and it's alerts view)
- Selectable multi-camera views, single , pairs, quads, up to 16 cameras
- Motion conf file configuration using a web GUI ('motion wrapper' and individual devices in LMCE)
- motion executable service management (done with motion wrapper and/or OS init scripts in LMCE)
- RAM-disk based processing, for multi-camera performance improvements
The big ones for me were the Mask configuration (mask off areas that you don't want triggering motion events), the firing off of scripts/e-mails/events, and the camera views. I'm going to back-burner this project until I get the CM-19a 'mochad' driver done, and look at what the Advanced IP Camera template will do for me... Too many projects on the go right now...