The call for the hunt has been answered, and the results are promising.
The spoils of the hunt
Open defects have been decimated because of the efforts of all our hunters, nice work!
Asterisk seems to work now, but please be critical, post bugs if you find any.
But we are not done yet; as of now 6 bugs are still open: http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/report/9
We kindly ask you if you could verify and/or reproduce them and report your findings in SVN or in the forum. It will make the lives of the dev's a lot easier.
Take a look
If no new bugs arise, we are close to a release candidate of LinuxMCE 0810
We need more game
This is being worked on by tschak909.
Thom has re-ignited his passion for the game player and has added numerous new features to this part of Linuxmce
- Bookmarking state of game ("follow me" works with these games)
- Support of boxart
- Added new game systems to the LinuxMCE Game Player:
* Super NES / Super Famicom
* Sega Genesis / MegaDrive
* TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/SuperGrafx
* Atari 2600
* Atari 5200
* Atari 7800
* Sega SG-1000
* Sega Master System
* Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
* Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom), Including Famicom Disk System support.
For "history of gaming 101" by Thom, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQ92d9nktQ
Because we are in a feature freeze you can only look but not touch.........yet.
Check out Thom's forum topics