I have a win7 client and a win8 client. Both are having intermittent problems accessing certain websites via the new 12.04 core. Specifically, *.tumblr.com (and likely others I just haven't tested thoroughly yet)
- On the win7 machine, Chrome reports ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Several refreshes and the page will usually load. I tried the same pages in IE and they also don't load but IE gives no useful debugging info.
- On the win8 machine, Chrome reports ERR_CONNECTION_RESET for these pages.
- These errors are thrown instantly. There is no time-out.
- My android phone can access these sites reliably via Chrome.
- I have no issues with web access on any client with the same configuration through the 10.04 server.
EDIT: Found this which sounds like a similar symptom but I'm not on pppoe so not sure yet how or if this applies https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=182527