I've been fiddling with AirPlay, and I'm not sure based on ticket 1157 (http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/1157) what is supposed to be working/not yet working. I'm not sure if this is considered ready for testing, so my apologies if this is rushing things...
- Each quick reload router appears to create a new Airplay instance on my iOS devices (I managed to get rid of duplicates by killing all processes with "AirPlay" in their name, removing the device lock from /usr/pluto/locks/, and doing a router reload)
- The ticket seems to suggest that playing via AirPlay is intended to result in the Orbiter Remote populating with data. On my system this doesn't happen (orbiter seems to have no knowledge of AirPlay)
- There seems to be some sort of conflict for access to the sound card output. On my Hybrid, Xine usually has no problem outputting sound. AirPlay generally won't output sound (it appears to be playing on my iPhone, but no sound output). I once (through some combination of router reloads and regenerating the plugin and player devices) got AirPlay to output sound: when I stopped the song on my iPhone, and tried to start playing through Xine, there was no output. It appears that Xine or AirPlay gets access. Note that I'm not trying to have both output sound simultaneously.
I have upgraded to the latest packages, and also uninstalled/reinstalled the devices through webadmin multiple times. Let me know if there's further testing I can do to help.