Is there anything outstanding we need to get it integrated so thats pnp?
Yes. pnp booting also needs tackling, I have been testing two approaches, in the long run uboot is the preferred method.
There are two options:
1. uboot network boot (preferred)
- provides complete pnp
- no user interaction with sdcard contents
- dd card image once
- sdcard contents unchanged
- move the card to a new PI and a new MD will be created.
- initial boot kernels and MD kernels fully managed by core
2. standard pi boot (not preferred)
- mostly pnp
- dd card image
- sdcard contents change after initial MD creation
- move the card to a new PI, user must alter sdcard or re-dd image
- kernels managed entirely on the sd card
- initial dd images must be updated as kernels change
I was working towards the uboot functionality but uboot has still not matured entirely on the pi. I need to take another stab at it but much of the functionality for the rpi is still awaiting merge in uboot. I have been applying patches to the source for testing. Kernel parameters do not pass consistently with uboot on the pi. I believe I know the issue but haven't had a chance to implement/test anything. Essentially there is missing piece of code that copies the aggregated kernel parameters to memory location where the kernel is expecting them to be.