As soon as im done with a couple more tests ill post the info and an optimized file for mysql for your testers to test ill keep you posted but so far very good results on speed issues
I've been looking at/working on some mysql optimizations along with indexes, there had been discussion and some indexes added to the database back in november but current installs do not seem to be implementing the indexes. I've also looked at query_cache increases and have achieved some significant speed-up on my queries. I'm hoping to get the indexes reinstated and a few other tweaks put in at the same time. I have had a look at what you were doing last nite on IRC and it looks good, some of it is very similar to the steps I have taken. I'll have a look at the optimizations you release here and see how the align with what I've found as well. I'm off for a week in a week so I'm hoping to dedicate that time to implementing my updates on a dev system to submit a patch for what I've got for mysql at that time, perhaps these updates could go together.