Rule #1 - Be Patient - Rule #2 - Don't ask when, if you don't contribute - Rule #3 - You have coding skills - LinuxMCE's small brother is available: http://www.agocontrol.com
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
an nvidia graphics card will not work with vaapi acceleration. Use vdpau.
1) I did not select "Install this third party software".
2) Under computer name "Geforce-8000-series-invalid-entry-length-0-DMI-table-is-broken-Stop" message received.
Same on 12.04 install.
3) Liked the return of "please remove installation media and close the tray (if any) then press ENTER:".
5) System booted temporarily into kubuntu desktop - then restarted with Grub memu. Selected *Ubuntu.
6. Received network messages (including 60 seconds and booting without full network).
7) Got AVWizard after selecting initial screen size got lots of error message...
systemd-udevd[XXXXX]:failed to execute 'lib/udev/socket:0/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event' 'socket:0/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event': No such file or directory
11) After 2 hours I'm still waiting for Sarah to say "hello".
Power up the system. Got the main menu.
Opened a terminal and did apt update/upgrade.
Patched around the NO_PUBKEY message for download.videolan.org.
Did an apt-get autoremove to get rid of some non required packages. Saw some MythTV issues and rebooted.
Did update/upgrade. Update ran clean. Upgrade reported 2 not fully installed or removed.
When I did the upgrade this was the overall error message.
chown: cannot access ‘/var/www/mythweb/data’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package pluto-mythtv-plugin (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
The system xorg.conf is defaulted to the "nouveau" driver.
Via the main menu Advanced>KDE Desktop - worked.
I powered up my NAS (DNS-323) for autodetection.
It was discovered and LMCE added my file shares.
Software discovery was re-kicked and the following tried to download...
EXIF/IPTC metadate maniplulation library
QT GUI library MT v3
Debian Font Manager
Pluto MythTV Player
Pluto MythTV Plugin
CIFS Utils (Old SAMBA Utils)
...these all reported failed to get, recycled a couple of times until "Installing software finished". appeared.
Advanced>Computing>Web Admin good. Edited Software modules to Disk Drive and Videolan client - checked.
Will try Hardware acceleration - xv, no Deinterlace Quality, Standard Video Card tests later.
Here is my video card info, probably is not listed and thats why is not detected during the boot up
root@moon159:~# lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A3
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller : NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [ION] [10de:0a64] (rev a2)
Subsystem: ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. Device [19da:3100]
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidiafb