Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - maverick0815

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58
While I don't have those artifacts, it seems that after doing todays update Mythtv crashes when having vdpau enabled. I used vdpau slim with my asrock ion and the 285-nvidia drivers

Users / Re: Asterisk Prefix
« on: December 30, 2011, 02:18:17 pm »
first of all..I envy you for having incoming calls :-)
as for the prefix- you should put one in 8.10 you didn't have to,  because the prefix was fixed to "9". It seems now its up to you what you want to put. Usually its a "0".
This is my best guess so far.

Users / Re: Two sound cards
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:38 pm » doesn't fit your criteria, but I have mythtv setup to use hdmi for sound to my TV and optical out for my movies

Users / Re: dlan tv
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »
so far so good...this dlan-stuff seems interesting in some applications...right now I'm trying to get two of those 500mbit-adaptors to run with 1004. I tried to set up a MD via those, but got kernel-panic. Right now its connected to a normal ethernet for setup. I will try hooking it up again, when setup is hold your fingers crossed :-)

Users / dlan tv
« on: December 17, 2011, 01:26:52 pm »
I found this one, because I wanted to escape some wiring trouble :
They offer ubuntu driver and state it would run with 8.10....I wonder if anyone tried something like this already?

Installation issues / Re: myth on 1004 "No channels found" after scan
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:42 pm »
I actually found it on the wiki here :
and mentioned it here too
So...where do you like me to mention it in the wiki?

Installation issues / Re: myth on 1004 "No channels found" after scan
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »
When I did my install on 1004 my nova he s2 was also shown as detected and seemed to be configured at first glance. However I found out that lnb was not i did that manually. Still no luck with any scan....found out, that the firmware was missing. After installing the none-free package, it worked like a charm

Installation issues / MD boots into KDE after update
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:21:36 pm »
I just did a dist-upgrade and had to reboot my MD (I'm currently on 1004) and it boots into KDE immediatly. I tried the activate Orbiter, but that didn't work. So I searched to forum and found this for the same issue under 8.10
sudo update-rc.d -f kdm remove
but that didn't work either. So I tried to rebuild the image, but after trying the update booted only into KDE again.

So right now I deleted the MD and created a new one, but so far will stay away from the update.

Developers / Re: Preliminary 10.04
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »
I just stumlbed over the last update...especially with I forgot to clear it out, before rebooting after the update, so nvidia 260 is back. So I was wondering...since there seem to be a number of people having problems with the 260 drivers...are there any plans to have the 285 installed by default, instead of the 260s?

Developers / Re: Preliminary 10.04
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:48:26 am »
I updated the drivers to 285 and everything plays nicely, no more artifacts :-)

Installation issues / Re: drivers for nvidia gt520
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:47:05 am »
I did the update yesterday on my core and my MD. After killing X I did "apt-get remove nvidia-glx-260", edited out the content of, downloaded the 285-nvidia drivers from their website and installed them. I did have to struggle a bit, because at first I didn't do it properly and X wouldn't start up again. Actually I  had to do it twice, but then it worked and I could get through the AV-Wizard

Users / stupid keyboard question
« on: November 16, 2011, 12:31:32 pm »
Currently I'm testdriving 1004, I can't recall if its the same in 1004. Are there keys missing from the onscreen keyboard? For example, up until now I just cannot find the slash.

Developers / Re: Preliminary 10.04
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »
I'm taking 1004 for a testdrive at home. Installation went very nicely, aside from asterisk not picking up (Foxi352 got the ticket already),
I noticed artefacts appearing after watching TV for a while, getting out of mythtv, running the screensaver or watching a video, then they appear. Reboot of the MD fixes that. Nvidia drivers 260 are installed.

Installation issues / Re: New 1004 Installer Testing
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:42:38 pm »
I created a ticket for the issue with Asterisk:

Installation issues / Re: New 1004 Installer Testing
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:38:23 pm »
I just took the plunge and tried out 1004...and so far I'm really impressed.
There are only two issues I encountered, one which I could fix manually...and the other one still has me stumped.
The first issue was the absence of the firmware for my TV-Card Hauppauge Nova HD2. I did some digging in the wiki and found out that
apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree seems to fix that...I can now scan for TV-Stations.

The other issue I'm having is with asterisk: I can register my phones, and the line, plus I can place outgoing calls, but I can receive none so far. I can see the calls in my router (AVM Fritz!box), but asterisk isn't picking up yet.
as far as I can see in the /var/log/asterisk/full there is an issue with the incoming call
"warning [2014] chan_sip: username mismatch, have <>, digest has <620>"

"notice [2014] chan_sip.c: failed to authenticate device <>"

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58